Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Weeknight Quick Porkchops

Options
horoegg
horoegg Posts: 47
Cook #3 and I get a little more addicted every time.  Last night I didn't have a ton of time and so I decided to try something that was quick, but had always given me trouble in the past, pork chops.  I picked up a couple of bone in pork chops and seasoned them with just EVOO S&P.  I also picked up a baby eggplant and a zucchini, cut them up about 1/2" think lengthwise and seasoned those the same. 

For the cook, I added a few chunks of hickory into my lump and got my egg up to 400 deg direct with the cast iron grate.  I cooked the chops for 3 min a side and then moved them away from the fire and gave each side just under a minute more with a basting of barbeque sauce, just to get the sugars caramelized slightly. 

I gotta say these were some of the best pork chops I ever made.  I don't use a thermometer.  I usually try to guess cook time (for direct cooking) judging by the thickness of the cut and by feel (a finger poke goes a long way) and I was pretty much spot on.  The chops were juicy with a nice kiss of smoke and the veggies had a delicious char on them.  With every cook I get more and more confident that this is the best home cooking vessel ever created.  I love my egg and sharing my cooking stories with all of you!

imageimage

Comments