Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Warranty run around?

Options
Just saw that my fire ring is cracked. Called the dealer and he said the factory doesn't like to mail small pieces for what ever reason. They like to include them with big orders and he just got an order in. So, do I wait on the dealer or call the factory?
XL bge, Mini max & 36 BS Griddle.

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    Call the factory. It's the dealer who doesn't want to serve the customer.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    edited August 2013
    Options

The dealer is correct small fragile parts made of ceramic (fire ring) should not be shipped separately as they will incur damage 99% of the time.

Keep cooking on the broken one and wait to get the new in.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• CAT Seller
    CAT Seller Posts: 208
    Options
    I agree with Smitty, see the other thread about warranty. Use current fire ring and wait for another, it will not effect any cooks that you might do.
    If it ain't a CAT, it's a dog!!! 2 LBGE's & BGE Backyard Chef Edition Cart
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Yeah the fire ring broken isn't an issue. Just wait it out and keep cooking. Pretty sure what your dealer told you is the normal protocol for warranty items.
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    if you want it shipped separately you can have it shipped separately, of course you will incur the shipping costs.

personally, I'd wait until they the local dealer has a pallet sent and get it free. they did the same thing to me when my platesetter cracked.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Our small fire ring has a crack too and my dealer said the same thing.  Keep cooking on it and he will call when the new ring arrives.  
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    If he sold it and has several in stock it sure would be good customer service to pull one and give it to you. Mine and Travis's sure did in Salado.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Use it and wait for it to come in... I do agree with @Micky above

My base is finally in and will be replaced next week, been cracked for at least 6 months...used it the whole time, just kept it under 600

The dealer is bring the new base and installing it for me, checking inspecting my entire egg, and installing a new gasket for about $150. The base itself is free of course
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    youve got several years of cooking on a cracked fire ring
    :))mines been cracked for maybe ten or more, just let the dealer get it in the next order
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it