Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook ???

OK I am new here and a Traeger convert.  My question is this... why is the BGE Facebook page so unfriendly?  Members can not post questions and this forum is not the easiest to use.  Is there past history that made FB less appealing?  Please advise.

Comments

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Welcome my man! 

What's the problem with the forum? Super easy to use, could have some more features but definitely better than Fbook. I've never used the facebook page

XLBGE 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Welcome here. Facebook sucks. I found about 40 extra names on my iPhone and noticed Facebook added to my contacts. I went to unload and would not let me. That was the second Facebook and I separated.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    edited July 2013
    Didn't know there was a facebook page.
    I'd recommend always clicking on "Latest Post" so you see all post on all forums.  That's how I use the forum anyway...and I think most do it that way...
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• Tillerman
    Tillerman Posts: 38
    Just seems a very convenient way to meet and chat.  Other forms use FB, was just curious.
  • MrCookingNurse
    I do exactly what choke on smoke does. And on my iPhone its very clear. Android has mobile version too.

XLBGE 
  • pswarren
    pswarren Posts: 98
    Regarding not being able to ask questions on fb, are you using a mobile version of fb? If so, this problem started with one of the last updates that doesn't let you see any posts by others, all you see is their timeline. There also is not much activity over there, I generally steer people over this direction.
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    I wouldn't be on here if it were Facebook.
    Dunedin, FL
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911

yzzi said:
    I wouldn't be on here if it were Facebook.
    Agreed

Garnerville, NY
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Many Facebook companies will not let you post without permission eliminating any negative information.

This forum on droid is easy. Just curious... Why would a Traeger convert be on here? Welcome regardless.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • MrCookingNurse
    I was assuming he was converted from a traeger to an egg

XLBGE 
  • Tillerman
    Tillerman Posts: 38
    pswarren said:
    Regarding not being able to ask questions on fb, are you using a mobile version of fb? If so, this problem started with one of the last updates that doesn't let you see any posts by others, all you see is their timeline. There also is not much activity over there, I generally steer people over this direction.
    Yes, I believe I was using a mobile device.  Having seen other grilling communities utilize FB, just thought it was unfortunante that our members could not post and respond to questions there.
  • MrCookingNurse
    You should try the other forum if you want your mind blown

XLBGE 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Yep, very little mind blowing going on here. We somehow amuse ourselves and the occasional newbie.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760

:))  How do we amuse ourselves?

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    There are several FB pages devoted to BGE & the users. All are friendly to use and ask questions...it is also easier to load pictures on FB...
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    vidalia1 said:
    There are several FB pages devoted to BGE & the users. All are friendly to use and ask questions...it is also easier to load pictures on FB...
    But then I'll have to reconnect with all those people I don't want to talk with!
    Dunedin, FL