Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Potato Chip Omelette - Top Chef Richard Blais recipe

Any Top Chef fans out there? This recipe is from Richard Blais, who is one of my all-time favorite Top Chef contestants (link to original recipe at bottom of this post). My wife and I made it for the first time tonight. It was pretty good, although next time we plan on adding some crumbled sausage and cheddar cheese. Another good combo would be blue cheese and bacon. It's easy to make and would be great to serve a crowd for breakfast or brunch. 

Ingredients: 10 eggs, 3 T. heavy cream, 1/4 t. pepper, 1 T. chopped flat leaf parsley, 1 T. chopped chives, 1 bag kettle chips, 2 T. butter

Preheat egg to 375. Whisk together all ingredients except chips and butter. Fold in the chips carefully. Let the chips soak for about 10 minutes.

Melt butter over stove in CI skillet and coat bottom and sides of pan. Pour in egg mixture and spread evenly, then reduce heat to low. Cook for a few minutes until they are set and bottom is golden brown, but still runny on top. 

Transfer to egg and cook until completely set. For the CI, this took about 15 - 20 minutes.

To remove from pan, invert a plate over pan and flip over. Cool for about 5 minutes then slice into wedges and serve. 

We can't wait to try it again with some bacon/sausage and cheese! What would you add?

LBGE
Zionsville, IN

Comments