Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rib question

I have a frozen three pack of baby backs. I am planning on cooking them Saturday. I only need one pack. Would it be a problem to refreeze the other two racks? Thanks!!

Comments

• billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    No problem. Before they are completely thawed you will be able to pry apart the 1 rack you want. I would also separate the other 2 and repackage and freeze separately.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • Depending on how long you are going to freeze the other two, it may be a good idea to vac seal them.  Not sure if you were intending on doing that or not, but it will give you some more freezer time and prevent freezer burn. Hope this helps !!
  • boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273
    Try to separate before they thaw.   My opinion is the more times meat is frozen - you lose a bit every time.
    Cookin in Texas
  • TarHeelBBQ
    TarHeelBBQ Posts: 317
    Thanks everyone!! I may cook all three and vac deal the other two with sauce. There will be about 9 month shelf life that way. Thanks for all the help!!