Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Quarters

These chicken quarters turned out to be some of the best I have done on the Egg. There were 4 quarters totaling a little over 5 lbs. I used Adam Perry Lang's marinade for spatchcock chicken: 1/4 cup kosher salt, 1 tbs black pepper, 10 garlic cloves crushed, 2tbs fresh rosemary, 2 tbs fresh oregano, 2 tbs fresh thyme, 6 cups cold water and 2 tbs canola or vegetable oil. If using dried, adjust accordingly. I slashed the quarters with my boning knife in the leg and the thigh in order to let the marinade get into the meat better. They marinated in the refrigerator for about 7 hours.  About 30 minutes before putting on the grill, I took them out of the marinade, dried them off with paper towels and then seasoned both sides with Dizzy Pig Tsunami Spin.  

Ozark Oak charcoal, no other wood. Temp at 400* raised direct for +/- 50 minutes until 185* using Thermapen.

MMMMMMMMMMM Pic shows only two. Sorry, the othes were already on out plates.

Springram
Spring, Texas

imageimage
LBGE and Mini

Comments