Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BIg Green Egg Forum and Friends OBR drive commences as originally posted by @henapple on June 7,2013

Options
bigphil
bigphil Posts: 1,390
edited July 2013 in EggHead Forum
As originally posted by @henapple on June 7 , 2013

A few weeks ago we discussed adopting a charity. After discussing this with some of the members, we suggest that we proceed with our initial drive for Operation BBQ Relief. July 19th will be our deadline giving us around 6 weeks to donate our gifts.

After working with the guys at Operation BBQ Relief we designed a great and easy way to help these guys out. The link below will provide information on their organization and their methods of helping disaster victims and volunteers. Giving is as easy as clicking the blue "donate now" button. They accept Visa, Mastercard, etc... as well as checks.

Operation BBQ 
1502 A North 7 Hwy
Pleasant Hill, Missouri 64080

We have our own group web page.
All donations are given DIRECTLY to OBR and completely PRIVATE.
All donations are tax deductible.
Our page will have a running tally.
Please keep your receipt for amounts under $250
Only donations over $250 receive a receipt.

100% of all gifts go directly to OBR operations ..food, equipment, trailers, upkeep, etc..
All personel are volunteers. No paid staff.
They have won several awards for their work and organizational character.
You can sign up to be a volunteer.

We added friends to our group name because we can include folks that are not members or even eggers. The link can be shared with co-workers, friends, neighbors, Facebook contacts, etc... Their gifts amounts will be added to our total givings.

Having volunteered in three separate tornado disasters i can't begin to explain the devastation. I do know that a good meal, a cold drink and an arm around you really helps victims and volunteers alike.I would ask all of us while we are egging to sit down, have your favorite beverage and look around you. Your house. Your family. Your blessings. Put ourselves in the situation of loosing these possessions or worse yet, our loved ones before we give. Whether $5 or $500 our donations will go to help people serving very needy people. Our page has a goal posted...this was not my intention but was added in by the IT personel.

Please contact me if you have any questions. If in some way you disagree with any of this PLEASE pm me. We want to keep this positive. l will try to keep this thread in the recent discussions so everyone gets an opportunity to participate. Let's show them our generosity and support...as I'm sure we will.

Operation BBQ 
1502 A North 7 Hwy
Pleasant Hill, Missouri 64080

Henapple

Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.

Comments

• bigphil
    edited July 2013
    Options
    As originally posted by @henapple June 23 , 2013 and @cazzy on June 25 , 2013 

As the July 19th deadline approaches, we're looking better everyday and are now at $2710.  WE CAN DO BETTER THOUGH!  

Now with the incentive of winning a sick prize package, open up your hearts and your wallets.  Even if you're not into donating, who wouldn't want to win this stuff?  Get your name in the hat and donate$25, or donate $200 and get 8 chances to win!   

**All previous donations qualify. 

Grand Prize 
    $100 Ceramic Grill Store Gift Card *Well more than half way to get the Adjustable Rig you've been eyeing!
    Grid Extender *Get the accessory everyone is talking about right now.  Already have one?  Give it to a friend!
    Baking Steel (Custom round 1/4" and your size choice) *This thing is awesome!  Great for pizza and a PIMP flat top! 
    A-Maze-N-Smoker *Cold and Hot Smoking!  Make Beef Jerky or smoke some salmon with this bad boy!
    Dizzy Pig Assortment Gift Box *4 of the best DP rubs!  Click HERE for details!  Join the cult and get your DIZZY on!
    Two Dickies Competition BBQ Shirts *They were blessed by Cen-Tex so you will make better brisket just by wearing one!

1st Runner-up 
    Grid Extender 
    $50 Amazon Gift Card *Get yourself a Maverick ET-732!

2nd Runner-up 
    Grid Extender 

The winners will be drawn by OBR and the results (donations still confidential) will then be provided to@henapple. Prizes will be shipped separately. Drawing will be held after July 25th! 

Big thanks to the sponsors for making this raffle happen!   

A-Maze-N Products, INC
    Baking Steel
    Outdoor BBQ Extras

I'm excited as heck about this and I'm not eligible to win, so click on the link below and Donate Now!  As Travis has said it, "donate now or the terrorists win"!

Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • bigphil
    Options
    BUMP
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Thanks Phil. Respect!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • bigphil
    edited July 2013
    Options
    @cazzy your welcome,my pleasure 
  • rsmith193
    rsmith193 Posts: 219
    Options
    This is truly a great charity. Several teams here in Arizona have worked with them.
  • bigphil
    Options
    Bump
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    Bump

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• bethg212
    bethg212 Posts: 45
    Options
    Bump
    Beth Hardeeville, South Carolina
  • bigphil
    Options
    Bump we are now at $3.425  =D> =D> =D> but there's still time we can do better  :bz 
  • bud812
    Options
    Bump.

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Friday bump.... 2 weeks left
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • bud812
    Options
    Bump

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    check- thanks for the reminder guys.  Great cause
    Greensboro, NC
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

Today the St. Louis Charcoal Company donated a pallet of Rockwood Charcoal to OBR. 

The competition team "R Butts R Smokin" was in town for a cooking demonstration and stopped by the homestead today for a belated 4th of July party......got to show them what St. Louis style was all about!!  Brisket on the XL, ribs on the Large, and BBQ beans on the Medium.

They were buying a pallets to take back to KC for competitions and to distribute amongst a few dealers.  I was able to squeeze an extra pallet into their enclosed trailer for OBR.  I hope to continue these donations as inventory and cash flow allows.

Thanks to R Butts R Smokin for the free ride to KC!

Super like.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • henapple
    Options
    Sweet...
  • henapple
    Options
    Again
  • bigphil
    Options
    bump bump 
  • WalrusBBQ
    WalrusBBQ Posts: 153
    Options

Today the St. Louis Charcoal Company donated a pallet of Rockwood Charcoal to OBR. 

The competition team "R Butts R Smokin" was in town for a cooking demonstration and stopped by the homestead today for a belated 4th of July party......got to show them what St. Louis style was all about!!  Brisket on the XL, ribs on the Large, and BBQ beans on the Medium.

They were buying a pallets to take back to KC for competitions and to distribute amongst a few dealers.  I was able to squeeze an extra pallet into their enclosed trailer for OBR.  I hope to continue these donations as inventory and cash flow allows.

Awesome!
    ------------
    Beers & BBQ

• bud812
    Options

One Mo Time....

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• billsme
    billsme Posts: 42
    Options
    Was on vacation and just wanted to give this a bump.  Just processed a small donation and was very happy to participate as I think this is a great organization.  I realize there have been some slightly negative threads on the amount so far and some people feeling it was pushy, but all things aside this is a great non-profit to support and I give a lot of credit to OBR for what they are doing.  Additionally, while it looks like the original goal was set high, the folks organizing this should be very proud of the $3500 + donated so far.  It is a lot of work to organize and to get this amount through an internet forum is no small task.
  • henapple
    Options
    Just a few more days...
  • bud812
    Options

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Haven't been on the forum enough to have seen this until now. Keep it bumped, good work guys.
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • dweebs0r
    dweebs0r Posts: 539
    Options
    Donation bump.
       -Jody Newell (LBGE & a 36" Blackstone griddle).
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options

You rock. I'm sure I speak for many of us when I say, that wont be forgotten. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • henapple
    Options
    Morning
  • bud812
    Options
    Bump

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• bud812
    Options
    Back to the top.

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Streetglider
    Streetglider Posts: 104
    Options
    Donated today, because it is for a worthy cause.

LBGE, Grill Extender, 5 burner Char-Broil gasser that hold my eggessories