Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wing King

My family has voted me the wing king. Here are my two current favorites:

Red Wings

Lemon Garlic Wings

For both, BGE set Indirect to 300-350, small chunk of Applewood to give it a hint of smoke.

I seasoned all wings with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and lemon pepper. I use generous amounts and mix it up.

I used about 10 pound of wings and did 2/3 of them Lemon Garlic and the remaining 1/3 Red Wings. (Two Tier Adjustable Rig for quantity)

I cooked all wings for 1.5-2 hours until golden brown. I like them slightly well done but still moist. Wings should be monitored so that outside wings don't burn.

Red Wings:

Red Wings Sauce Recipe: (For about 3# of seperated wings)

4 cloves fresh garlic minced
1 Regular size bottle of Franks Red Hot Sauce
1/4 cup honey
1 stick of butter

In small sauce pan, simmer fresh garlic and butter until soft. Add remaining ingredients and stir frequently over low heat until hot.

Remove cooked wings and place in large bowl. Toss using half the sauce to coat, put back on BGE for caramelization. After about 10 minutes, pull the wings off and re-toss in remaining sauce and serve with Bleu Cheese.

Lemon Garlic Wings:

Sauce Recipe (this was enough for about 5# wings):

2 sticks butter
Zest from 1 lemon
juice from 2 lemons
2-3 entire bulbs of fresh garlic, minced. (Food Processor helps tremendously for this)
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt

Simmer garlic and butter over low heat until mixed. Add sugar and salt, continue cooking on low, stir frequently. Once hot, add Lemon Juice and Zest, cook for 3 more minutes and set aside.

Remove cooked wings and place in large bowl. Toss in sauce until all wings are completely coated and serve with Jalapeno Ranch

You can play with the ratios of the ingredients of both sauces to fine tune it to your liking.

LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47

Comments