Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lump purchase trip goes ballistic

Terrebandit
Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
:)image
Dave - Austin, TX

Comments

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Now that is a good looking Lump!  I just scored 500 rounds from Georgia Arms.  So I am at a little over 1k of 9mm, 750 of 556, 800 of 40 S&W (but most of that is self defense).  I still need another 1k of .556 to feel comfortable.  Hey you never know when you have to sit on the roof and protect your grills er girls :-)

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Oh yeah, since this IS a public forum I failed to mention that all my guns were lost in a tragic 4th of July boating accident!  My boat and all my guns are at the bottom of a local lake, sure hope my insurance covers them. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• njl
    njl Posts: 1,123
    Don't forget to pick up your brass when you shoot that factory stuff.  It'll come in handy when you start reloading...or you could just send it to me.  Once fired Win brass is one of my favorites.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    I just use a loof lighter.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• thebaron
    thebaron Posts: 23
    What's that beside the charcoal? We Canadians don't get to see that very often.

BTW, what's the difference between the blue and red bags of RO?
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    bucky925 said:

Oh yeah, since this IS a public forum I failed to mention that all my guns were lost in a tragic 4th of July boating accident!  My boat and all my guns are at the bottom of a local lake, sure hope my insurance covers them. 

Seriously?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    I thought the song went "boats and hos" not "boats and guns"...
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    edited July 2013

Good score......I haven't seen 9mm or .22LR in Walmart in a LONG time.  They had a pretty good stock of .40 for a while.  How much did you pay for those?  Last time I bought 9mm at Walmart, it was still $0.20 a round in the WWB 100rnd packs.

• njl
    njl Posts: 1,123
    thebaron said:
    What's that beside the charcoal? We Canadians don't get to see that very often. BTW, what's the difference between the blue and red bags of RO?
    As long as we're going there, what about green?  I've only ever seen the red and green bags.  I bought my first green RO bag recently, but haven't opened it yet.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    I have to ask: what does one do with all of their guns, on a boat, on the 4 th of July??? Why they are all at the bottom of the lake now is a separate thread.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750

Good score......I haven't seen 9mm or .22LR in Walmart in a LONG time.  They had a pretty good stock of .40 for a while.  How much did you pay for those?  Last time I bought 9mm at Walmart, it was still $0.20 a round in the WWB 100rnd packs.

$0.2487 per round OTD (Austin). I also scored a 550 rd brick of 22 LR too from a guy at a shooting range later that same day. :). I fired up the BGE to celebrate!
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684

$0.2487 per round OTD (Austin). I also scored a 550 rd brick of 22 LR too from a guy at a shooting range later that same day. :). I fired up the BGE to celebrate!
    That's not bad........now use your good luck to find me some subsonic .22's for a decent price!! 
  • Parallel
    Parallel Posts: 433
    SCORE!

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
  • Parallel
    Parallel Posts: 433
    edited July 2013
    Chubbs said:
    Seriously?

caliking said:
    I have to ask: what does one do with all of their guns, on a boat, on the 4 th of July??? Why they are all at the bottom of the lake now is a separate thread.
    LOL... obviously NOT serious firearms enthusiast.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.