Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shrimp on the Barbie

CPARKTX
CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
After three straight days of heavy meats (more counting leftovers), needed some seafood. Tried Shrimp on the Barbie recipe from Raichlen's BBQ Bible. Turned out well though next time I think I'll play with the recipe some...maybe add some heat to contrast with the sweetness. I added lime wedges to this for presentation purposes, but ended up squeezing some on the shrimp and liked the contrast.
LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  

Comments

• Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    LOOKS GREAT! Thanks for the post, pics, and notes.

We did shrimp on the egg for the first time a couple weeks ago. Started with 16 per pound deveined shrimp with the shells on. Hit them hard with DP swamp venom. Threw them in a veggie basket and on over Ozark Oak for about 12 minutes. They were great; juicy, spicy, delicious. I think shrimp are best with the shells, and these were really simple to peel and eat.

Didn't mean to hijack your thread, just seems like shrimp don't show up often. They can be on the pricy side, but WELL worth it!

Cheers-
    B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    @Black Badger I'll have to try Swamp Venom, I keep hearing good things about it. Like the other DP's I have.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Looks good! I'm yet to try some shrimp on the egg.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    For some reason, and like a bad song, the words "A dingo ate my baby" is running through my head. 

The shrimp look very good.