Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's going on your Egg for the 4th of July?

13»

Comments

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    My local butcher saved the day.  Our get together got rained out today, so we're staying home.  My butcher was open until 1:30 today.  Stopped in and grabbed three beautiful ribeye steaks.

Gonna make these along with them: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/06/crash-hot-potatoes/

Reloaded the fridge with more beer and ready to roll!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Alton
    Alton Posts: 509
    Burgers and brats !!
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
  • Hotwingking
    Hotwingking Posts: 279
    Doing ribs to take to my sis-in-laws pool party
  • DMurf
    DMurf Posts: 481
    Two pork butts, going turbo.
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
  • Springram
    Springram Posts: 430
    @WalrusBBQ - Love that Hendricks Gin but at $65 for a 1.75 ptr bottle................ever tried Citadelle Gin?  

Anyway, Happy 4th.

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    LBGE and Mini
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    My last 4-oz steak, last cheesy baked potato, and last apple tartlet, all courtesy of Omaha Steaks, all done on the small with Jack Daniels barrel chips.  Also had a bowl of pinto beans, Hatch green chile, carmelized onion, garlic, and cumin; yum!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Tri-tip direct with chunks of whatever oak is growing in my neighbor's yard.  We call it "live oak". 
    Family in town to see the baby so a bust weekend on the Egg. Pork butt just going on, but doing duck tomorrow and picanha on Saturday.
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • My first spare ribs smoke. So far so good.
    It's an obsession, but it's pleasin'
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    CPARKTX said:
    Family in town to see the baby so a bust weekend on the Egg. Pork butt just going on, but doing duck tomorrow and picanha on Saturday.
    What's "picanha"?  It stumped my computer's dictionary...  :-B

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• erniemcclain
    erniemcclain Posts: 505

Ribs.

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    edited July 2013
    Botch said:
    CPARKTX said:
    What's "picanha"?  It stumped my computer's dictionary...  :-B

Picanha has many other names: rump cap, top sirloin cap, and when cut into steaks coulotte. Butchers meat cutting guides IMPS/NAMPS identify it as #184D. It is popular at the Brazilian steak houses where they bring it out on swords/skewers and slice it thinly at your table.

Tasty stuff but hard for me to find around here unless I want to cut it off of a Top Sirloin Butt and I'm not nearly as crazy about the rest of the sirloin.

Brisket on my Egg today for the 4th.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • dawsonhull
    dawsonhull Posts: 105
    Out of town and don't have my Egg with me but just pulled these guys off the smoker!
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Bone in, @ 190 but going to leave another 90 mins until guests arrive so going real low.

Note the taste pulls.
    Seattle, WA
  • Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Curry wings, pork/beef bugers, grilled pineapple
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Red White and Blue Pies followed by 19 pounds of pulled pork, which was pulled and into the freezer for next weeks family reunion (separate post).  Then for dinner, a 2 pound Porterhouse with baked potatoes and corn on the cob.  Long day of Egging.