Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Country Ribs and Pig Shots

Options
Thatgrimguy
Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
edited June 2013 in EggHead Forum
What a meal for a Monday!!

First I trimmed off the bones and large areas of fat, then I soaked the Country ribs in Alegro Original overnight. I took them out of the marinade and set them on a paper towel and lightly patted them. Then I wrapped them in thick cut bacon and covered that in Simply Marvelous Cherry Rub.

Cooked Indirect at 375f for about 40 minutes. Came out perfect. One of the best things I have cooked so far!

I also made a few Pig shots.
Conecah Sausage, Thick Cut Bacon
Cream Cheese with italian seasoning, fresh diced green onions, and Simply Marvelous Cherry Rub

Cooking

Eating
XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Thinking you should submit this to the Throwdown thread for this couple of weeks.  I would think that bacon stuffed with ribs would count.  Nice looking cook, and hope that your cardiologist is on speed dial!!
    :))
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Options
    First time i have seen this, looks great!!  Hope to try this soon...