Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fire almost went on overnight brisket cook

OpusXcellent
OpusXcellent Posts: 60
So I go to bed around 10 last night with the egg at 250 smoking away, I wake up at 530, forgot to turn the sound on my alarm clock to get earlier, and the egg is at 175.  Should everything thing be ok?  There was still a fire going and it was smoking it will probably take longer to get up to temp. I pulled the brisket off and stirred the charcoal to improve air flow and hit it with the hair dryer I am waiting for it to stabilize again.  Hopefully I can salvage this cook.

Thanks for the help 

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    You really have nothing to worry about. Get things back up to temp and you'll be fine.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    You'll be fine. I've got a buddy, every time he cooks overnight he wakes up to a 150 or so temp and needs to refuel. It happens.
  • Springram
    Springram Posts: 430
    This when the DigiQ controller really shines.

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    LBGE and Mini
  • Thanks guys, nothing like waking up at 530 groggy and seeing some other temp then the one you want on the egg.

I might have to start looking into the digiQ
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951

Thanks guys, nothing like waking up at 530 groggy and seeing some other temp then the one you want on the egg.

But significantly less troubling than waking up at 5:30, groggy and wondering... who is she?  ;)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

• Thanks guys, nothing like waking up at 530 groggy and seeing some other temp then the one you want on the egg.

But significantly less troubling than waking up at 5:30, groggy and wondering... who is she?  ;)
    Ether way you are going to end up with burnt ends!
  • TonyA
    TonyA Posts: 583
    I'll take either over 430 to a 1.5yo who decided its time to start the day. The 150 guy was telling me I bbq like a yuppy because I don't have to babysit the egg or refuel. I text him at 530: I have my reasons. Hahaha
  • boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273
    what brand of charcoal were you using?
    Cookin in Texas
  • I am using Lazzari, I don't think t stirred it up enough to remove the ash from last weekends cook