Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Next throw down- Cast Iron Cookoff! Big money! Big Prizes!

Options

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    So I'm doing my throwdown cook on Friday, and I asked my wife if I could use one of our Le Creuset pieces on the Egg.  I promised to take very good care of it and thoroughly restore it to pristine condition after use.

Long story short, here's my new Lodge cast iron:

Oh Oh, what's inside?
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    cazzy said:
    So I'm doing my throwdown cook on Friday, and I asked my wife if I could use one of our Le Creuset pieces on the Egg.  I promised to take very good care of it and thoroughly restore it to pristine condition after use.

Long story short, here's my new Lodge cast iron:

Oh Oh, what's inside?

Interesting and a little sad. Feel your pain.

I asked my wife if I could use one of our Le Creuset pieces on the Egg.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• SaturdayFatterday
    Options
    @LS:  I've definitely given the wrong impression here; I was just trying [and failing] to be funny.  The real conversation was more like this:  

Her:  "Instead of cleaning the Creuset, why don't you just let all the stuff you would clean act as good seasoning on a non-enameled pan?  Then you can just use it on the Egg all you like without worrying about much scrubbing."

Me (dumbfounded by the simplicity and logic):  "Duuuuhhhhh...never thought of that."

Her (pecking me on the cheek):  "I love you."

I didn't mean to cast aspersions on my wife.  I was just doing schtick.

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    I was joking too. Except that I feel your pain thing.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    My new toy. A 7qt Lodge enameled cast iron DO. (The wife lady knows what I like).

Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Wow...I woke up this morning with hunger pains!  NIce job @SaturdayFatterDay and @TexanOfTheNorth.  

This throw down is still on!!!  Remember folks...go through all the entries and "Like" your favorite to vote. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    dang theres some solid cooks here!  i haven't seen one i wouldn't eat!  we gonna get more entries?

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options

My new toy. A 7qt Lodge enameled cast iron DO. (The wife lady knows what I like).

Travis, you're almost out of salt. Stock up dude.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    My new toy. A 7qt Lodge enameled cast iron DO. (The wife lady knows what I like). image
    Travis, you're almost out of salt. Stock up dude.
    We do the same thing - it's mostly Tony Chachere's though.
    Options
    I love this thread. All of my CI is still packed up after the move. Gotta find that box and unpack it.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • SmokeyPitt
    Options
    @Aviator...wow! Really nice job man. In it to win it fo shizzle!!

Is your dog an American Eskimo?

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options
    @smokeypitt yes he is an Esky.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• SmokeyPitt
    Options
    Aviator said:

@smokeypitt yes he is an Esky.

Thought so...I have one too.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    @Aviator: Awesome cook! That shot of the chops on the egg with the fire halo is magazine quality.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Aviator
    Options
    @cali that looks so yummy. Will have to try it one day soon.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Aviator
    Options
    Is today the last day for this?

Chattanooga, TN.

• SmokeyPitt
    Options
    Aviator said:

Is today the last day for this?

Yes. Today is the last day for entries.

• SmokeyPitt
    Options
    All the entries are in.  We will keep the voting lines open through Tuesday and the winner will be announce on Wed.  Great job everyone- this has been fun!  Lots of really creative and delicious looking meals.  

• U_tarded
    Options
    Gonna bump this up! Last day for voting!
  • SmokeyPitt
    Options
    That is very sporting of you considering when I counted this morning you were in the lead ;).  The "idea man" is on your heels though! 

• U_tarded
    Options
    Hahaha, I know! But I don't want I see this on page 3 for the last day of voting. I'm not scared of little Steven unless he's been Molsens all day then I'm terrified.
  • SmokeyPitt
    Options
    ;)
    Good man!  

• Little Steven
    edited June 2013
    Options
    U_tarded said:
    Hahaha, I know! But I don't want I see this on page 3 for the last day of voting. I'm not scared of little Steven unless he's been Molsens all day then I'm terrified.
    All in good fun man! The idea is to get  some ideas going around for new stuff. BTW I just un-voted my vote for yours B-) Nothing about the cook, it's a cardinal sin in Canada to misspell Molsons

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• SmokeyPitt
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Uh oh...does that mean we have a tie?? 

<edit>
    No...I see you were only bluffing.  Your vote is still there ;).  

• SmokeyPitt
    Options
    42 minutes left to vote!

• U_tarded
    Options
    U_tarded said:
    All in good fun man! The idea is to get  some ideas going around for new stuff. BTW I just un-voted my vote for yours B-) Nothing about the cook, it's a cardinal sin in Canada to misspell Molsons
    haha, I know its all in good fun!  these throwdowns have been fun, I have gotten tons of ideas from them, and it gets the creativity flowing.  Also I haven't had a Molson since college so I wasn't 100% on the spelling.