Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Added a Bernzomatic

Options
Added a Bernzomatic to my setup today. I was using the electric starter, but with the Bernzomatic the start up time was cut in half and a lot more fun. Got the one with the hose and torch. With the holster that came I was able to rig it up to my cart.
Medium Egg & Mini Max. Huntsville, TX

Comments

• CharlieTN
    CharlieTN Posts: 177
    Options

I've got one of those with the hose and have been thinking about putting it on my table in some sort of bracket.  Definitely a great way to light lump.

• Aggie96_Egger
    Options
    I have thought about getting one. Right now I just use the square fire starters from BGE. Takes a while to get it going. How long does it take to get it going?
  • mark_08
    mark_08 Posts: 39
    Options
    I have thought about getting one. Right now I just use the square fire starters from BGE. Takes a while to get it going. How long does it take to get it going?

Didn't take very long. I've been using a electric starter that would take about 10 or 15 minutes. I think using the torch it took less time.
  • mark_08
    mark_08 Posts: 39
    Options
    CharlieTN said:

I've got one of those with the hose and have been thinking about putting it on my table in some sort of bracket.  Definitely a great way to light lump.

I just used the belt clip over the lip of my cart. Put think I'm gonna drill a hole throw the holster seems like there is a thick piece of plastic or a piece of metal on the back of the holster. Drill the hole to fasten it to the railing of my cart.