Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jerk Chicken Recipe?

2»

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    I think that cooking it over pimento wood is more important than the rub.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    They have both eaten jerk from roadside jerk spots in Jamaica, so they can handle and enjoy that level of heat. I have only been trying to determine how many scotch bonnets will equal a decent amount, but not excessive heat. Recipes I am seeing call fora rande of 1-16 peppers, and having never cooked with them I am a bit lost.
    I would go with the lesser amount and get some Grace hot sauce. The seeds are hot but the membrane that supports the seeds is hotter so you will want to get that out too. Just had jerk pork for lunch at a new Jamaican place across the street and I had to use a half bottle of Grace to get it the way I like. Habaneros and Scotch Bonnets are quite aways apart on flavour so use the real thing if you can get them
    These Canadian wimps.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• cheech5001
    cheech5001 Posts: 102
    Marinade is done, and chicken is marinating.

Went with one whole Scotch Bonnet, and looking good!

@littlesteven I have the pimento wood so looking forward to the cook tomorrow.  Also picked up a fresh jar of scotch bonnet hot sauce from my local Roti joint (which is so good if you ever find yourself in Burlington LS) to add some kick for those who want it tomorrow!
  • fljoemon
    fljoemon Posts: 757
    I think that cooking it over pimento wood is more important than the rub.
    Any idea where to find some pimento wood? I am in Central FL. Ever since my trip to Scotchies in Montego Bay, I have been looking for it.
    LBGE & Mini
    Orlando, FL
  • cheech5001
    cheech5001 Posts: 102
    Ontario Gas BBQ sells it, and they do ship.