Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Can you replicate pizza hut crust and taste on LBGE?

Options
2»

Comments

• cdees_1993
    cdees_1993 Posts: 135
    Options
    @Carolina_Q the dough is in the pans rising for the 2 hours now.  Hope to get it cooked tonight!  Had a crazy busy day today!  I really appreciate all your's and others help with this little cook!  I will be sure to post pics.

Thanks,
    Casey

• cdees_1993
    Options
    By the way, where do you find dry aged mozzarella?  All they had at our grocery store here was the bags of low moisture part skim and then blocks of whole milk mozzarella.  Is that what I need?

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I just used a block of whole milk mozz. The 1 lb vac sealed blocks. And a box grater.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• cdees_1993
    Options
    I have to give thanks to @Carolina_Q for the recipe that made the best pizza I have had in a long long time!   Lot's of pics to be attached!

Here are the ingredients I used plus some pickled jalapeños.  

Here is the dough rising

Split into two dough balls after 24hrs of rising!

Pressed out in pans and allowed to rise for 2 more hours. One in regular pan one in CI pan!  The regular got done much quicker.

Toppings applied!  

Pep and cheese done for the kids!

Bottom of crust!

Look at this cross section! 

Pep, Chirizo sausage, fresh grated monzarella, and jalapeños!

Bottom

All in all this to me turned out amazing and I have to thank everyone especially @Carolina_Q for helping me to make this pizza with the recipe.  This had such a great taste to it and even my wife who is as picky of an eater as you will ever meet loved it!  

Thanks again!
    Casey

• Carolina Q
    Options
    Casey, I am SOOO glad it turned out well for you! After all this, I was nervous! :) Your pies look perfect! And I like the fact that they weren't as thick as mine. I followed the recipe for a 10" pie, but as I mentioned, I thought the crust was a bit too thick. Yours looked just right.

But don't thank me, thank Kenji over at Slice. It was his recipe, not mine. I'm just happy this crust was what you were looking for. Glad your family liked it too. Always helps when your wife is happy. :)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    I am gonna try this in the CI pan this weekend. Only I am going to order some frozen pizza dough balls through work.
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Hmm, hondabbq, I don't know what type of dough you have available, but the dough in this recipe is not like any other I have used. I would highly recommend you make your own, it's really very easy. See the link for the full recipe / method, but in a nutshell... in a bowl, add flour salt yeast water oil. Mix with hands or spoon. Cover. Leave it on the counter. Walk away. Seriously, that's IT!

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Browninggold
    Browninggold Posts: 453
    Options
    Flour (100%): Water (55.555%): ADY (1.18518%): Salt (0.875%): Vegetable (Soybean) Oil (4.27199%): Sugar (1.875%): Dry Non-Fat Milk (2.35155%): Total (166.11372%): 375.47 g | 13.24 oz | 0.83 lbs 208.59 g | 7.36 oz | 0.46 lbs 4.45 g | 0.16 oz | 0.01 lbs | 1.18 tsp | 0.39 tbsp 3.29 g | 0.12 oz | 0.01 lbs | 0.59 tsp | 0.2 tbsp 16.04 g | 0.57 oz | 0.04 lbs | 3.53 tsp | 1.18 tbsp 7.04 g | 0.25 oz | 0.02 lbs | 1.77 tsp | 0.59 tbsp 8.83 g | 0.31 oz | 0.02 lbs | 6.14 tsp | 2.05 tbsp 623.7 g | 22 oz | 1.38 lbs | TF = N/A