Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Blingity bling bling... and Brisket Spaghetti Sauce on the Mini

Options
caliking
caliking Posts: 18,731
Brought the mini home a couple of weeks ago. Emailed Scott of EggCarten fame to see if I could get one for the mini. Wanted to pick one up directly, so I could save on shipping charges. Found out that he was in the middle of moving family and business out of state. But rock star that he is, Scott said he would have one for me in a couple of weeks.

Met him by IAH this afternoon and picked it up. My mini has a new house.

Next order of business was to cook something, to break in the new Carten. Scrounged around and came up with these players: half a jar of Trader Joe's vodka pasta sauce, a lonely scallion, remnants of a brisket (flat) cooked lord knows when. Garlic, white wine, chili flakes, fresh basil from the garden, and olive oil  to round things off.

Fired up the mini, and let the 10" CI skillet get hot. Added olive oil, and the red chili flakes until the flakes were aromatic. Added the chopped brisket flat next and let it warm up. 

Threw in the other ingredients - garlic, and scallion. Sauteed for a bit then added some white wine.

Dumped in the tomato sauce and let it simmer for a spell.

Once the sauce had thickened, I took it off and dressed with olive oil and chopped basil.

This turned out really good. I'm no brisket pro, and this brisket had turned out ok - not great. But it was pretty damn good in its reincarnation as spaghetti sauce. Plus, I used up brisket leftovers... which means I get to cook another one soon :)

With a mini, who needs a stove??

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments