Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Apperantly it is Chicken Thigh Night!

Off the shelf jerk marinate.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• Looks great!  Adding jerked chicken thighs to my "must do" list.

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Looks good Doc. Thighs may be on the menu for this weekend. Found a recipe for braised and quick fried boneless thighs that sounds pretty good.
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Nice work Doc
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • I'm liking that!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Cooked up perfect too!
  • BrotherEgg
    BrotherEgg Posts: 95
    Doc,
    I'm still learning how to use my egg. Those look perfect. It looks like you cooked the raised direct. Would you mind answering a couple of noob questions? I'm assuming an IT of 165. Did you flip them? What did yo set the egg temp at? Thanks

Steve

_______________________________________________________________________________
    Large BGE, PSWoo3, 13"CI grid, Grid Extender, Weber Genesis B Gasser/BGE Storage Cabinet
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    We had chicken thighs last night. Mine were very simple. Sprinkled with season salt and teriyaki sauce. Cooked at 450 direct.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Doc,
    I'm still learning how to use my egg. Those look perfect. It looks like you cooked the raised direct. Would you mind answering a couple of noob questions? I'm assuming an IT of 165. Did you flip them? What did yo set the egg temp at? Thanks

Steve
    Done 400 direct with raised grid.  With thigh and legs I go for an internal temp in the 180s.  I did not flip these.  You can but it really blackens the skin (which we don't eat anyway).  These were marinated in off the shelf jerk overnight.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys