Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sunday BreakFast Pizza (picture heavy )

bigphil
bigphil Posts: 1,390
Wanted something different than the normal breakfast so we tried our hand at some pizza .All done with homemade dough .First pie is a crumbled bacon , breakfast sausage and sweet Italian sausage ,red onion and green pepper and hash browns along with a 4 cheese cheddar blend then scrambled egg's poured over it . Second pie i saw on here but i forget what thread .It's what i call a sunny side up pie a little pizza sauce spread thin bacon crumbles and sausage ,red onion and some hash browns 4 cheese blend and some mozzarella  bacon laid around the crust of the pie then a-crossed the middle egg's placed in the triangles cooked till the eggs set .and the last is a Mexican pie of sorts refried black beans as the sauce and salsa, jalapeno peppers dice and onion ,4 cheese mexican blend a little hash browns and green peppers scrambled eggs pour over it all . all the pies were really good the family and neighbors enjoyed it .A diffident  do again .Thanks for looking and Thanks to all who gave me some ideas 
Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.

Comments

• bigphil
    And can anyone tell me why my pictures load upside down ?
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I love you..
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316

I would eat that upside down any day.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• CharlieTN
    CharlieTN Posts: 177
    I have so got to try this.  Might do it next Saturday for Father's day. 
  • milesbrown4
    milesbrown4 Posts: 314
    What a fantastic post.  Well done @bigphil!

• stranny00
    stranny00 Posts: 36
    How do you make your dough?

• bigphil
    edited June 2013
    @stranny00 it's a dough my wife makes every thursday night for friday pizza (new york style crust).its from Tony Gemignani and Diane Morgan Pizza book 

2-1/4 Teaspoons Active Dry yeast 
    1- cup lukewarm water 90F to 100F degrees
    1-1/4 cups ice cold water 
    1- Teaspoon sugar 
    1 -Tablespoon salt or 1-1/2 tablespoons Kosher salt 
    2 -Tablespoons olive oil 
    5-1/4 to 5-1/2 cups unbleached bread flour (we use KAF)

1-in a small bowl stir the yeast into the luke warm water and set aside to dissolve about 5 minutes

2- in another bowl combine the cold water ,sugar ,salt and olive oil ,stir to dissolve the mixture

3- pour the flour into a mixing bowl (we use our KA mixer with the dough hook  ) add the yeast mixture along with the cold water mixture and mix on low speed until the flour is incorporated and the dough gathers to form a coarse mixture about 4 minutes .let is rest for 2 minutes and then mix on low speed until the dough is smooth and not sticky about 6 minutes longer . if the dough climbs the dough hook stop your mixer and push it down . turn the dough out on a well floured area and knead for a minute or two until it forms a smooth ball add a bit more flour if needed .

4-to prepare the dough for rising . cut the dough into thirds to form three even portions weighing about 15 ounces each .with floured hands pick up one portion of the dough and pull the opposite ends together wrapping them underneath toward the center to form a tight ,smooth ball pinch to seal repeat for the other two dough balls .place each into a container that will allow them to double in size (you can use a gallon zip lock bag just squeeze out all the air and seal )

5-Refrigerate for at least ten hours .Remove from the refrigerator at least one hour before using to allow the dough to come to room temperature (we allow 1-1/2 hours) 
    we make 3 15 to 17 inch pies with this dough and its seems to be our go to dough now 

you can split the dough however you really want to . to allow the size pie and crust thickness you want 
  • stranny00
    stranny00 Posts: 36
    Thank you. I will give this a go sometime this week!