Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Only 278 Days to Salado

I know some of you are spending a lot of your Eggfest money on trips and remodeling and school and new Eggs and stuff, but don't forget to save some for the Salado Eggfest.

It's only 278 days away, assuming it's on March 15th.

Also, start thinking about what you plan to cook.

Oh, and order your kilt now so it will be ready in time.

Just saying...

By the way, we're still averaging about 200 hits a month on the Blog Site and, as in years past, they are from all over the world. Someone out there don't want to miss anything.

http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com/

See you in Salado.

Spring "Fest Scribe" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168

"Beware the Ides of March".

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    That's funny.. Was getting ready to ask you when it was scheduled... I'm stockpiling Pbr
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Only 145 days until Plano. C'mon down...or up, or sideways!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    More kilts and more beer!
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Springram
    Springram Posts: 430
    I am ready for Salado yesterday. What a wonderful experience! Hope Mickey and Leroy + their respective Number 1's (wives) continue their efforts to make it such a great time for all.

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    LBGE and Mini
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    We will be there of course.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Only 225 days, 7 hours and 59 minutes til Christmas too.....
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    I'm ready !!  I bought 15 pounds of prime tenderloin, and I have it sitting on the counter in the kitchen, where it will remain for 278 days to remind me of the fest.  

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    You going direct or indirect on that tenderloin ?? :)
  • I'm ready !!  I bought 15 pounds of prime tenderloin, and I have it sitting on the counter in the kitchen, where it will remain for 278 days to remind me of the fest.  

Mmmmmm.  Rancid tenderloin!

Flint, Michigan
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    My sister was visiting this weekend and just happened to be talking about egging. She mentioned how it was so refreshing to be at Salado with folks who were so passionate about something. She really enjoyed meeting so many nice folks who were having so much fun egging, eating, drinking, etc.

So count me in as a cook for sure next year!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Anyone in Salado need a Property Management consultation so I can tell SWMBO it's a business trip???
    Lynnwood WA
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    may need helicopter pad management consultant ;-)
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Joan I still think we were the first fly-in next to the event.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Only 126 days until Thanksgiving. I've been doing a fried turkey for years now... may be doing one on the BGE this year!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

I did the Mad Max turkey last year and it was great! I have since spatchcocked a turkey and that was great too! Tough choices! Since you're from Texas living in Canada, do you celebrate both Thanksgivings?
    Flint, Michigan
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Only 126 days until Thanksgiving. I've been doing a fried turkey for years now... may be doing one on the BGE this year!
    I did the Mad Max turkey last year and it was great! I have since spatchcocked a turkey and that was great too! Tough choices! Since you're from Texas living in Canada, do you celebrate both Thanksgivings?
    Is the pope Argentinian?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Made sense to me

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Does he sh!t in the woods? Wait, I think I got that wrong.
    I'm sure he sh!ts on a solid gold toilet (no offence intended to our Catholic forum members and I sincerely apologize to anyone who may have so been affected).
  • Little Steven

If I was 6'10" I wouldn't care if people didn't like me either

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• TexanOfTheNorth
    edited June 2013
    @Fred19Flintstone

Bob, what gave you the impression that I dislike you? Nothing could be further from the truth.

I added that apology just to be funny.

BTW, I apologize if anything that I've ever posted has offended you or anyone else in any way. It has/was never my intent! 

;)
    Yippeee !  Another apology thread !!!!!!  I'm addicted to them.   =D>

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Little Steven
    How did you pick your handle again? Sorry!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• John not a comment about you other than to observe people like you. One member here (a third party) called me a bully the other day because I suggested to a noob to look at the dates of threads they dig up through a search before commenting. But who am I? Lets zombie this place up!
    Flint, Michigan