Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

breakfast pizza help

bigphil
bigphil Posts: 1,390
Every Sunday we make breakfast on the egg normal fair eggs ,bacon , homefries etc. This week I wanna try breakfast pizza .never done it before and haven't a clue .anyone with tips suggestions how to
Thanks Phil
Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.

Comments

• tinee2001
    tinee2001 Posts: 19
    I've made one in the oven but never the egg. I pressed canned biscuits into a crust and topped with eggs, sausage, bacon, cheese and gravy. It was delicious!
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092

This is a big hit around our house & at Eggfests...

Black Bean Salsa Breakfast Pizza <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Ingredients
    1 lb pork sausage (not sage)( I use medium hot sausage)
    1 cup Hash Browns (thawed) or fresh shredded potatoes
    1 cup shredded cheese (your favorite)
    2 large eggs
    1/2 tsp salt
    dash of pepper
    1 pkg crescent rolls
    1/2 onion chopped & sautéed

1/4-1/2 cup black bean salsa (or your favorite salsa)

Cooking Instructions

Cook sausage until brown & crumbly. Drain well. Sautee onion until soft and set aside. Separate crescent roll dough into 8 triangles and place in ungreased 12" pizza pan. (I used a CI skillet & sprayed it with Pam)

Press crescent roll dough over bottom of pan and half way up the sides of the pan to form crust.

Spoon sausage & sauteed onion over the crescent roll dough. Sprinkle on the hash browns or shredded potatoes. Spoon black bean salsa over the potatoes. Beat the eggs slightly and add salt & pepper. Drizzle the beaten eggs over the mixture. Sprinkle grated cheese on top of the pie.

Bake indirect on a raised grid at 350 for 30-35 minutes.

Be careful not to over bake.

Recipe adapted from Diane Grogan

• BigWader
    BigWader Posts: 673

Griffin did a breakfast pizza that looked really good on his website:

http://griffinsgrub.wordpress.com/2012/11/05/mexican-breakfast-pizza/

Toronto, Canada

Large BGE, Small BGE

• Crispy
    Crispy Posts: 12
    I've yet to christen my EGG with pizza, but my standby breakfast pizza assembly is this:
    crust of choice (honey-wheat is awesome, but your mileage may vary)
    cheese - I like a mild cheddar instead of mozzarella, but again personal taste wins.
    sauce - none. skip it and use raw scrambled eggs instead.
    eggs - for a 9 inch pizza, i do 2 eggs well scrambled with a tablespoon of water or milk to lighten it for pouring, and then dribble that around from the center to the edge (taking care not to let it spill over and burn).
    toppings - my favorites are pre-cooked sausage, diced peppers, onions & garlic, spinach, cherry or sliced tomatoes, ham... think of it as an omelette on a crust and you won't go wrong!

These were my breakfast staples during summers working my stint at the pizza shop on the boardwalk!

I can't wait to finish getting my own eggsessories ready so I can start firing up pizzas on my EGG!
  • Crispy
    Crispy Posts: 12
    Also... as far as homemade crusts go this one is my new favorite (does require a stand mixer with dough hook unless you want to knead by hand).  I can't find the imported flour near me yet, but King Arthur Bread Flour makes a great substitute. This comes out crusty and chewy and delicious!
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    I would use eggs mixed with cheese as the sauce maybe some Prosciutto or sausage as toppings... Or maybe try a sweet one in cinnamon swirl type flavor
    Greensboro, NC
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Mmmmm....breakfast pizza. I like chorizo on mine. Did two last year at Plano eggfest.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings