Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

test 2

.image

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
Central Connecticut 

Comments

• r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    Worked again :)

Got a recipe?
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Ha, I was just trying to see what happened if I deleted the thumbnail before I posted. Recipe? Sure, if I don't get banned for posting this here.  ;)

There's a link in there for the toppings I used. The dough was from the Fornobravo recipe with Caputo 00 here... http://www.fornobravo.com/PDF/Using-caputo-tipo00.pdf

That pie was done in my oven at about 700°. If I were to do it in the egg, I would raise the stone about 4" above the PS.

Thanks for asking. :)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• McNuttly
    McNuttly Posts: 99
    Ha, I was just trying to see what happened if I deleted the thumbnail before I posted. Recipe? Sure, if I don't get banned for posting this here.  ;)

you should be banned on general principles
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Hi Carolina Q!! Happy to see you posting over here!! B-)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Carolina Q
    cazzy said:
    Hi Carolina Q!! Happy to see you posting over here!! B-)
    Thanks, cazzy. Appreciate that. Even though mcnuttly apparently wants me banned.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Looking good Carolina Q. Don't worry about McNuttly, He is Little Steven's trollish friend. 
  • r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    Is that dough somewhat crispy on the outside but chewy inside?  The inside reminds me of the Mellow Mushroom dough.
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• Carolina Q
    Usually, though sometimes it's more crispy than others. Seems to vary depending on how long the dough sat on the counter and how long it was in the fridge. Still trying to figure out the best way. It would help if I actually took notes. :)

Don't know anything about mellow mushrooms.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    Looks good!

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Looking good Carolina Q. Don't worry about McNuttly, He is Little Steven's trollish friend. 
    Ain't no friend of mine. He should be fast driving behind an ambulance

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Carolina Q
    Thanks. It was just supposed to be a test for posting pics here! :)

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    If that's the case, it sounds like more testing is needed
    :D

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817

Sometimes it's like that here. You have to pay attention or you might get lost in the shuffle. We go away from topics...sometimes we don't come back. Sometimes where there is no topic we make one up

Steve 

Caledon, ON