Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Vacation

henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
I'll be in pcb next week. I'm cooking some food to pack along but will spend my days marinating my liver and eating seafood.

Tomorrow is my ci throw down cook.

Would it be possible to start a **** slinging thread around Tuesday? Great beach reading.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Why wait be preemptive
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390

You incredible twit. We come here to exchange cooking stories and help newbies. What is it that you seem to relish about sh!t slinging you twat? (How's that?)

LMFAO I damn near choked on my beverage
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • henapple
    Fu steven you ompalompa... Now we're going.... But wait till Tuesday.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136

henapple said:
    but will spend my days marinating my liver 
    =))
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Got it, I'll put it on my calender

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795

Does PCB still have a head shop about every 3 blocks called "Condom Knowledge"? And do the beachfront dwellers still get the privilege of waking each morning to obscenities written on the beach in what can only be described as "seaweed graffiti"? And do the surf clothing stores (like "Wings") still sell bags of pasta at the checkout counter where each piece of pasta is the shape of male genitalia?

As you can see, we vacationed in PCB once with small children and won't be going back there any time soon....

Oops, I guess I should have waited til Tuesday.  Sorry.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• henapple
    Actually all the cheap motels and things have been replaced with nice condos. Pier park is directly across from our condo. If you don't like it then don't go there. My daughter's dance competition is there do we go there. Sorry it's not up to your standards.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    I think you should review the classics.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Little Steven
    edited June 2013
    Where is your daughter dancing? I don't recognize pcb. I did the tour for many years and going back to it next year.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Don't forget the lawn clippings. (wink wink) [-X

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• henapple
    Panama city Beach... Which evidently isn'tgood enough for foghorn.
  • caliking
    Kingsford briquettes are the only charcoal you need for egging. You guys are a bunch of pinheads for obsessing about lump charcoal.

• Little Steven
    Ah, the first place we ever stayed in FLA. Waitress at the motel asked me if we lived in igloos. I didn't care, I was eating fresh shrimp by the pound.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Furall
    Furall Posts: 124
    We drove on down to pcb last year while in destin. I wish we would have stayed there. Beaches just as nice and nowhere near the traffic or people.
  • henapple
    Okaloosa island outside of Destin is nice. I like pcb. We know where not to eat and when to go.... And it's a huge group of friends.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited June 2013
    We rented the same house twice last year.  This one.  (The single story brick, not the more pimp stucco).  We went with my sis and her fam spring break and we liked it so much we went back in September.  The county I live in is one with shorter summers and more breaks- so my kids get a September break.  

Dusty's Oyster Bar is off the heezie.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• MattyMc
    MattyMc Posts: 81

Being from the northeast, we don't really go to PCB but had to go 2 years ago for a wedding. The weather was pretty bad but I'd have to say the highlight of the trip was a dinner we had at Firefly. If I went back to PCB it would be for another dinner there!

http://fireflypcb.com/

Chester County, PA
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684

I went to Destin with the family a few years ago.  I dumped them on the beach and spent the week at museums.

Air Force Armament Museum at Eglin AFB

Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola, FL

USS Alabama and USS Drum in Moline, AL

I really wanted to drive up to the Army Aviation (Helicopter) Museum in Ft. Rucker, but it was a 4+ hr drive from Destin.  Would have only got 2-3 hrs there (would need at least a day or two.)

There was no way I was going to enjoy all of those places with the fam, and I hate the beach, so it worked out perfect!!!  I did not have a decent meal in Destin, but at like a king in Pensacola and Moline.  Destin reminded me of International Drive in Orlando......never going back to either. 

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    We normally go to orange beach or gulf shores. We decided to go to PCB instead a couple years ago (the first time I've been there since 93) I was really surprised how it has changed. It is a whole lot nicer than it used to be and the beaches were really clean. We all had a great time.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    I grew up 45 min Dow the coast from pcb. When I was in high school, anything went on the strip.

It, like this forum is a much more friendlier place. They have cleaned up their act but is still not go. Pensacola or apalatchacola are much nicer and less tourist trap.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • henapple
    Toes in the sand and a beer in my hand, with no bottom......
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    henapple said:

Panama city Beach... Which evidently isn'tgood enough for foghorn.

That's a little bit of an overstatement. Everything is relative. The beach was great. Our condo was excellent and we had some good times with family there. Having my 7 year old daughter expand her vocabulary so as to include a lot of obscenities and sexual terms may or may not have been beneficial.

If we had a reason to go there, we would go. But, given a choice, we would prefer to go to one of the smaller beach towns along 30A.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• henapple
    Messing with you. We usually stay at Aqua... Nice
  • caliking
    henapple said:

Please keep your bottoms on. PCB may not be ready for that yet.

• @stlcharcoal do you remember where you ate at in Mobile?
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    caliking said:
    Please keep your bottoms on. PCB may not be ready for that yet.

Definitely one time we don't need pictures as proof
    Greensboro, NC
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    edited June 2013
    @stlcharcoal that would be Mobile.
    @stlcharcoal do you remember where you ate at in Mobile?

YES!  Mobile, AL....I had Moline, IL on the brain for some reason.

Wintzill's or Wetzell's Oyster House?  Something like that.  I had the flounder, wife had the jalapeno shrimp......awesome on both counts.  I've tried hard to recreate those shrimp many times on the Egg, but there's no substitute for fresh Gulf shrimp. 

In Pensacola, I ate at the little restaurant next to the fish market twice.  Also very good.   

• Little Steven
    henapple said:
    Tuesday right?

Steve 

Caledon, ON