Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

35 lbs of pork

Options
drmarko
drmarko Posts: 6
Had my egg less than 2 weeks and decide to use it to cook for 100 people.  Made a test run of a 5 lb pork butt the week prior and every thing went well.  So loaded up the green egg with 35 lbs of pork rubbed in a simple rub that I found here and let her fly.  Kept the dome temperature at around 240 for 18 hours.  Some of the smaller buts were done around 15 hours, three of the larger ones were done at 18 hours.    I cut up 8 large Vidalia  onions and baked them in the oven for three hours, mixed them up with the pulled pork along with 8 bottles of Bullseye carolina sauce.   I had people coming up to me telling me it was the best pulled pork they ever ate.  I had 10 lbs left that was taken home by guests.  Thank you eggers for the helpful tips that enabled me to pull this off
imageimageimageimage

Comments