Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Are there EASY Baby Back Rib instructions?

Options
2»

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I usually boil my ribs when I'm almost done soaking my wood.

=)) I don't care who you are. That right there is funny!!

Them's some B-E-Utiful ribs there. @cazzy. I decided yesterday, but this just firms it up, that ribs are on the menu this weekend. Think I'm going to rub one rack and salt and pepper the other to compare.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• SamFerrise
    SamFerrise Posts: 556
    Options
    Double the fun here.  Did a 3-2-1 and they were unreal.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
  • watergirlb
    watergirlb Posts: 21
    Options
    srwaters said:
    Maybe one without the apple juice, boiling and all of that.....just a rub on the spice, cook them and put the sauce on now kind-of-thing?
    NO boiling!  My hubby prefers St. Louis stye.  I have a LBGE and I cook baby backs all the time.  My husband NEVER ate ribs until i used this recipe:  250 degrees for 2 hrs, rib down on grate, 2 hrs sealed in an aluminum pan, then 1 hr back on the grate, the last 15 min or so, I brush lightly with some sauce.  To prep I soak the ribs in a 50/50 apple juice/water bath at room temp with a cup of cider vinegar, I dry them coat with either mustard, honey or just oil and have rubbed with dizzy dust, or the tri color peppercorn rub or the basic bbq rub from the BGE cookbook.  Take them off, seal back in the aluminum pan (I get the half size buffet pans from Sam's Club @ $7 for 30 pans) and let them rest for @ 30 min. The flavor combos are all good.  Oh yeah, I toss a couple of applewood chunks in.  These are good everytime.
  • watergirlb
    watergirlb Posts: 21
    Options
    srwaters said:
    Maybe one without the apple juice, boiling and all of that.....just a rub on the spice, cook them and put the sauce on now kind-of-thing?
    NO boiling!  My hubby prefers St. Louis stye.  I have a LBGE and I cook baby backs all the time.  My husband NEVER ate ribs until i used this recipe:  250 degrees for 2 hrs, rib down on grate, 2 hrs sealed in an aluminum pan, then 1 hr back on the grate, the last 15 min or so, I brush lightly with some sauce.  To prep I soak the ribs in a 50/50 apple juice/water bath at room temp with a cup of cider vinegar, I dry them coat with either mustard, honey or just oil and have rubbed with dizzy dust, or the tri color peppercorn rub or the basic bbq rub from the BGE cookbook.  Take them off, seal back in the aluminum pan (I get the half size buffet pans from Sam's Club @ $7 for 30 pans) and let them rest for @ 30 min. The flavor combos are all good.  Oh yeah, I toss a couple of applewood chunks in.  These are good everytime.
    Oh yeah I do one of the half aluminum pans full of a 50/50 with just water and apple juice, for the entire cook.

• Markzzz
    Markzzz Posts: 35
    Options
    "If you boil your ribs, the terrorists win!"
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options

TonyA said:

get your tongs around about half the rack .. on a full rack the unsupported rack should hang limp - almost straight down

Tony, you are gonna start it with that.

Tony, I feel we need to be clear: Stiff you're not done, but if you keep going, and then you pass the bend test, you are done.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • The Roost BBQ
    Options
    This works for me every time. Remove the membrane. Coat both sides with your favorite rub. Cook indirect using your plate setter at 225-250 for 2.5 to 3 hours. Take ribs off and lay them meat side down in foil. You can sprinkle a little brown sugar on the foil and pour about a 1/4 cup of apple juice over the brown sugar on the foil. Wrap and put back on the Egg for 2 hours at 225-250. Remove and they are ready to eat. The meat will pull completely off the bone.