Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Guy With XL Egg and Table

Ok so here's my back story... I've wanted a BGE for years and years, but I had a great charcoal grill and a vertical smoker that were still in good condition. Finally this was the year that my trusty old reliable grill rusted to the point of no return. I turned 35 at the end of April, and my wife went and got me the XL and a bunch of other gadgets to go with it for my birthday. She's a real keeper ;) It took a few days to figure out the direction I wanted to go with my table, and using some of the very basic measurements from this site and incorporating my own wants into the design, here is what I came up with. It is considerably larger than the cypress Egg table, mine comes in at 36"x60". I'm still trying to figure out a way to incorporate the umbrella mount onto the table, I need to find some hooks for my tools, and I have to get a bottle opener with a catch can, but for the most part it's done. 

Here is the basic framing, treated pine and cedar. The wheels are a little puny, they've been replaced already
St. Louis Barbeque Society certified competition judge

XL and MiniMax

Comments