Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Problem with hinges

exlarge is up to temp but now hinge seams to want to sag left and not open. Any ideas? This is  new problem

Comments

• IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Dude - have same problem. Pain. Don't know answer. My ring just fell off.
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668

Maybe a few pics from you and someone here could help.   All I know if the band is assemble correctly and tightened snuggly...it works.

Might want to get it right before you drop the dome out the back and it cost you some big bucks.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    15 minute fix if the egg is cold. Got to push through this cook and tackle before next cook. Open her easy and be careful. I don't want your next post to be about a warranty claim
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • vtsmoker
    vtsmoker Posts: 7

Thanks for the posts.I let the egg cool downand disassembled it. Taking the dome off. I satarted new on bottom ring than moved to top. First open a charm next same problem. After much s+s.(sit or stand and stare) at this from many angles I realized the back hinge was out of scue with the other one. I loosened the hinge from upper ring readjusted the dome and walla. Be sure hinge bolts allow for movement. When I went on bge web to start up the vidio does not specify tourque. I went to the manuel I got when I got this rig two years ago and read to torque band bolts to just around 125 inch pounds.I did that originally but after replacing the gaskets this winter did not. Mothers Day had the same problem at about 700+ degrees. It stinks breaking this rig down that hot but I thought the dome was heading for the ditch. Fixed next day but no tourque. After last nite I got it shut down and put away. Today cold I went for it. Walla. Cooked a boat load of hanger steak and now have a brisket packer on for the nite. Skipped the dessert pizza. Tomorrow I wil buy new bolts for the rings and re-torque.

Thank You for your thoughts on this and Irish Devil look for the back hinge. Good Luck