Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggtoberfest 2013

Comments

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Thanks Vidalia1, need to make hotel reservations.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    The Marriott hotel should have the rate in their system tomorrow AM...and that is a great rate..

• JRWhitee
    Yes it is, normal rate is 175. just booked a room with points.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • vidalia1
    edited May 2013
    Gotta love Marriott points...we will be camoing at the campground...it is Columbus Day weekend so we will stay a few eggstra days..
    ;)
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Egging awesome! It is our wedding anniversary on the 11th and I almost have SWMBO convinced! [-O<
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,024
    My woman and I will be there. :) Can't wait! Time to start thinking about what to cook up!
  • YouEnjoyMyEgg
    YouEnjoyMyEgg Posts: 168
    What a sweet change of venues. Wasn't this thing at the racetrack previously?  Stone Mountain is SO much nicer.  
  • bethg212
    bethg212 Posts: 45
    Plan on being there and cooking. Now, to plan what to cook.
    Beth Hardeeville, South Carolina
  • Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    I plan on being there too. Yes Stone Mountain will be 100 times better than AMS! I usually go to the chili cook offs at Stone Mountain and they have a killer wooded spot! I am pretty sure the eggtoberfest will be in the same spot!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • Man this is great for us...we live 20 minutes from there. Anyone know why they moved it?
  • We're attending for the first time ever -- super excited!  We have hotel reservations, waiting for August 6th for tickets to go on sale . . . nothing else to do for now. 

• Question -- probably the first of many: 

The EggtoberFest is at Stone Mountain this year.  We LOVE Stone Mountain!  Will the EggtoberFest be held inside the park?  We'd like to do the SkyHike, and I am not clear on whether we need tickets to get into the park or just tickets for the SkyHike. 

Anyone clear on this?

• JRWhitee
    It is $10 per car to get into the park, the ski lift has always been a separate ticket as is the train ride etc.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • NecessaryIndulg
    NecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,298
    We'll be there!  I think my big brother is going to join us -- he got his BGE last Father's Day.
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • jfm0830
    jfm0830 Posts: 987
    edited May 2013
    My wife Debbie and I will be there. I can't wait! Since this is my first year I just plan to take everything in, not even going to think about cooking anything. Just enjoy the atmosphere, soak up as much knowledge as I can and hopefully meet some friends from this board. Columbus Day is a state holiday for us, so we're staying through till Monday.

Jim
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,024
    We booked our room a couple days ago.  Gonna be a whole lotta fun!  :D
  • vidalia1
    We booked our camping reservations from Wed until Monday...my kind of fest. We look forward to seeing y'all there... 
  • CharlieTN
    CharlieTN Posts: 177
    Working on convincing SWMBO as we speak.  Considering her reaction to the food I've been cooking, and she's been begging to go to Stone Mountain for a few years, I think it'll be an easy sell.  :-)
  • NecessaryIndulg
    NecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,298
    I'm looking at flights for EGGtoberfest.  One option has me missing the Meet and Greet Party.  Is that a bad idea?  

This will be my 1st time at EGGtoberfest and only my 3rd eggfest so I don't have a lot of experience to go on (I've only been to one M&G). 

If the Meet and Greet Party at EGGtoberfest is epic, I don't want to miss it (obviously).  :)
    So, who has been and who is going this year? 
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • JRWhitee
    edited June 2013
    Hi Kristi, I am going and cooking, the meet and greets are a great time to catch up with everyone because the day of a lot of us are cooking and its kind if hectic, not much time to have a drink and talk. The Atlanta Eggfest is huge with a lot of people that attend.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Hic
    Hic Posts: 350
    Meet and Greets are a lot of fun. I've only been to the ones at the ATL Motor Speedway. It was your chance to mingle, go for a ride in a pace car, listen to some music and taste some good. food but I'm not sure how it will be in the new venue.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• I am going and cooking.  Have not been to Atlanta M&G before, but one at last GaMtnEggfest was very nice.  Definitely a chance to relax and meet folks because there was not much time to talk to fellow eggers at all while cooking on Fest day.

The Atlanta M&G tickets and cooks tickets will sell out fast, so buy one early if you are even thinking about going.

If you are not cooking, you will have some time to talk to cooks obviously on fest day.

• flynnbob
    flynnbob Posts: 665
    Me and the family are going and spending Friday night at the Marriott. It will be great to meet everyone.  For those of you on the fence, just do it.  Stone Mountain is a great venue and has a lot to offer. As a first timer, I can't wait.
    Milton, GA.
  • JRWhitee
    I am staying at the Marriott Friday night as well, should be fun.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • RLeeper
    RLeeper Posts: 480
    I'll be in the house and last year was my first. Stone mountain is about ten minutes from home...awesome venue for this!
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
  • Dan4BBQ
    Dan4BBQ Posts: 271
    I was at the meet and greet 2 years ago and is was a great night.
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Dan4BBQ said:
    I was at the meet and greet 2 years ago and is was a great night.
    Picutres....or it didn't happen!  >:)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    We are thinking about cooking this year for the first time.  Can someone give me an idea of how many servings we need to make per recipe?

THANKS!
  • vidalia1
    The simple rule is: Make as much as you want to or as little as you want...you will never feed them all as there will be over 2000 tasters...remember to save time to walk around and enjoy the day... 
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    @shedburg... Cook something easy.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN