Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jucy Lucy Night (With Pics)

EddieK76
EddieK76 Posts: 416
edited May 2013 in EggHead Forum
Well we got home early from my sons games (thankfully they were all mid-afternoon) So him and I went to Bed Bath and Beyond and I wanted to see if this 7 dollar stuffed burger press was better than what I could do.  

My wife and 2 other kids are in Key West for her brothers wedding and we are suckers for a good Jucy Lucy!!!!

I made 4 total burgers about 1/3 of a lb each maybe a tad more.  3 stuffed with american cheese and another stuffed with Bleu Cheese.  

Egg preheated to 400 and the burgers come out of the freezer after a stay in there for 30 minutes seasoned with good ol S&P

After about 14 minutes total I take them off...Had one tiny blowout but that one I expected as it was on the smaller side and didn't really fit the entire press.

Here is one of my burgers....I am a pretty boring person for toppings...

Alright so this is where I was disappointed with the bleu cheese....I'm pretty sure it was the brand I got which was some Greek Version of Bleu Cheese and it didn't melt very well...And perhaps I didn't put enough in it....The bleu cheese had good flavor but I've had better experiences with bleu cheese jucy lucy's

Now my son 2nd burger was absolutely amazing...When I first squeezed on it juice that was in it squirted out and got all over me.....(and yes I know I'm opening myself up for comments)

So in regards to the 7 dollar burger press I bought...Ease of my use so much so that my 9 year old son was able to use it and did it effectively.  I'll also say that it did an amazing job sealing them up and I could imagine if i had more meat in the bottom portion it would have been even better...Definitely worth the 7 bucks for me and now I won't be so timid to make them more and more!!!!

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend!

Large BGE

Comments