Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ceramic Grill Store group buy

2»

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Hopefully Getty Lee will be at the Toronto eggfest.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817

They played at my high school. Never could stand Geddy's voice

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Group buys,  I believe I did the first one around here with the stainless grid.  That was many moons ago.  Sent out hundreds and still remember the weird looks my wife gave me at the time.....if she only knew then.......lol

So I'm no stranger to group buys but with CGS, a group buy would be difficult at best.  Group buys work best with one product - a one size fits all product.  With one product, it's easy to cost/price, easy to manufacture, easy to inventory, easy to package, easy to ship, and easy to oversee given the volume.  All these "easyies" make groups buys a win for all involved.  

With CGS, no matter what group package I put together, someone will be bummed because it's not their specific package or for their cooker.  Also, the logistics would get a bit tricky.  With the adjustable rig combos now, we have up to five vendors making parts.  At the end of the venture, the final result would probably be.....some folks happy and more than likely some folks alienated.  

I am hoping our new warehouse location and equipment ( if it ever gets here) will allow us to be more creative with specials and such.  I truly appreciate what ya'll do to promote our little business venture.  And, I truly appreciate the forum owners for allowing our product discussions to happen here.  Thank you, all!

Tom
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • EGC71
    EGC71 Posts: 29
    @ tjv I want to thank you for CGS fast service. I ordered my adjustable rig Thursday and FedEx delivered it Saturday morning just in time for my first brisket cook.
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Tom is, obviously, correct. When I learned about the AR (must be living under a rock), I was very confused about the many choices. He was very patient and helped me make the right choice for the way I wanted to cook. IMHO, his prices are very reasonable. The product is well made and I know that I will have many years of service from it. He replied promptly to my questions and when I made my decision, my rig and other stuff arrived 2 days after I placed my order. That level of customer service is almost unheard of these days. He already has great pricing on a few AR combos and I really appreciated the discounts for the package deal. Thanks Tom!
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC