Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Oops, I did it again! I grilled a romaine! (with a side of honey dijon glazed pork tenderloin)

Options
paqman
paqman Posts: 4,670
Grilled romaine is amazingly good!  This time we used a classic ceasar dressing with bacon and freshly grated parmesan.  The pork tenderloin was glazed with a mixture of honey, dijon mustard and brown sugar.

Comments

• frankc623
    frankc623 Posts: 168
    Options
    Looks good. I tried grilling romaine once and it was lousy. How long do you cook it?
    L-BGE | Westminster, MD
  • paqman
    edited May 2013
    Options
    frankc623 said:
    Looks good. I tried grilling romaine once and it was lousy. How long do you cook it?
    Aproximately 1 minute per side (maybe less) @ 400F

Cut the romaine in half, drizle with olive oil and sprinkle some coarse salt then grill.

Options
    Looks amazingly good! I must try this. Can you describe what the flavor and texture of the grilled romaine?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • paqman
    Options
    caliking said:
    Looks amazingly good! I must try this. Can you describe what the flavor and texture of the grilled romaine?
    Slightly sweet, smoky and still crispy.  The sugars in the romaine will caramelize and remove some of the bitterness.