Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ Map, quite accurate IMHO

Courtesy of Texas Monthly  http://www.tmbbq.com/

1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein

Comments

• You need to branch out...try brisket & beef ribs you might like it...lots do :)

Rockwall Texas, just east of Dallas where the humidity and heat meet! Life is too short to get caught in the fast lane behind somebody slow!

XL, LG, Sm, Mini and Weber for drink holder

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    But it still aient BBQ.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    They don't grow cows in the Carolina's, only pigs and chickens. Hence the ignorance about what real BBQ tastes like and how it is cooked.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • SeeingSpots
    SeeingSpots Posts: 151
    Stops the Presses!   Texans claiming they are the end-all and be-all of ........fill-in-the-blank:  __________

(:|
    Flowery Branch, GA  LBGE
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    edited May 2013

:-??

Texas Monthly....

XLBGE 
  • Aviator
    BBQ is pork. TX is pork poor and improvised with cow. Its OK we like it but uh uh, not BBQ.

Chattanooga, TN.

• egger ave
    Stops the Presses!   Texans claiming they are the end-all and be-all of ........fill-in-the-blank:  __________

(:|
    yes, BBQ is bigger, better and tastier in Texas. I tried to like the vinegar and mustard sauce when I lived in Charleston. 

Albert Einstein
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    What is "mustard and pig skins" in GA?  I guess that is mustard based sauce and cracklins?  The only time I have had mustard based sauce in GA was when it was labeled "Carolina style" :)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    And now everyone knows what we do with our old sheep!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Aviator

@egger ave, this is all in good jest, I s'pose.

TXans know cow. We know BBQ. Many styles and varieties. Yu want BBQ, come hither. We do love your steaks. And you can keep your cowboy oysters right there.

:D

Again, I am just jestin and don't make this a war.

Chattanooga, TN.

• egger ave
    not a war either, just having fun. BBQ is like beer. Everyone has a favorite. I happen to like Pearl. Have a great week and cook something great this weekend.

Albert Einstein
  • Shouldn't Texans be disallowed from using "IMHO," since their "O"s are so rarely "H"?  

Just teasing, guys.
    :P

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
  • SeeingSpots
    edited May 2013
    YTTWROOMM!!!    
    :-*
    Shouldn't Texans be disallowed from using "IMHO," since their "O"s are so rarely "H"?  

Just teasing, guys.

Flowery Branch, GA  LBGE
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951

YTTWROOMM!!!    
    :-*
    Shouldn't Texans be disallowed from using "IMHO," since their "O"s are so rarely "H"?  

Just teasing, guys.

You guys must know what they say... Never ask a man if he's a Texan, if he is, you'll know, if not... you don't want to embarrass him.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    I guess that is the good thing about being in Indiana. I have pigs and cows readily available. I love them both! But I have thoroughly enjoyed this discussion! I have had BBQ in the Carolinas, Kansas City, Oklahoma, and Texas and I must admit, Texas and Oklahoma seem to have it right.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    edited May 2013
    Charleston isn't in NC. Doesn't count.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • SeeingSpots
    Here you go, I fixed it....
    Flowery Branch, GA  LBGE
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Hi54putty said:
    Charleston for Mustard sauce, east of 85 in NC for Carolina BBQ(i.e vinegar mop - the birthplace of American BBQ). Other direction for that Lexington stuff.
  • Hi54putty
    @Eggcelsior, I'm a Lexington BBQ guy but don't totally disagree with your general premise. I'm happy with most anything in NC. No mustard around here, thank goodness.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Eggcelsior
    VI is right. I was just joshing. BBQ wasn't even invented in America. Different strokes for different folks.
  • egger ave
    Hi54putty said:
    "Charleston South Carolina, where the Ashley and Cooper Rivers flow together to form the Atlantic Ocean"

Albert Einstein
  • Eggcelsior
    egger ave said:
    Hi54putty said:
    "Charleston South Carolina, where the Ashley and Cooper Rivers flow together to form the Atlantic Ocean"

My birthplace and home to the best BBQ in the world. ;)

Here is a better map:

• Hi54putty
    egger ave said:

Hi54putty said:

I am familiar with the city and both rivers. One of my favorite places to eat. Great restaurants on every corner. Just pointing out that it isn't in NC, the home of Q.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • lewisj82
    lewisj82 Posts: 184
    edited May 2013
    "You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas" -Davy Crockett

What the history books didn't record, is that he followed that up with "to eat tasty brisket and beef ribs."  :D

BGE XL- Tomball, TX

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said, "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Ricky Bobby
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Just to sauce things up, and toss a couple more logs on the fire:

Read this, from a very amusing fellow who also claims NYC is the biggest 'Q town in America,

Now departing as the sporks and slaw cups start flying...
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    gdenby said:
    Just to sauce things up, and toss a couple more logs on the fire:

Read this, from a very amusing fellow who also claims NYC is the biggest 'Q town in America,

Now departing as the sporks and slaw cups start flying...
    A few years ago, a fellow from NYC came down and told us he was starting a BBQ joint in NYC.  We convinced him that it might not be a good idea.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• RustyBrainpan
    RustyBrainpan Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    There is no 'Q north of the Manson/Nixon line, so NYC is out.  NC is of course just the upper half of SC, so they have some good Q there as well.  Cow meat is just grillin.