Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turkey Legs on the Mini

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
edited May 2013 in EggHead Forum
imageimageimage Sure glad turkeys come with 3 legs now.
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    The mini is a machine. Can't believe I waited as long as I did. Have not done turkey legs.... Yet! Looks good Mick
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Mickey
    Options
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Mickey said:

Wow that's the money shot right there!!! Looks perfect Mickey!! So juicy!!

That's a bad ass sauce you got right there too!!

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited May 2013
    Options
    The only thing missing from this cook are monster truck tires on your Egg Carten!! =))
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    That plate shot is awesome! I want some now.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mickey
    Options
    Turkey legs are so easy and good.

• Jamieoro
    Jamieoro Posts: 180
    Options
    I was never interested in turkey legs until now!
  • Springram
    Springram Posts: 430
    Options
    Mickey,

Looks like a direct cook. About what temp and how long on the Mini? Did you use just lump?

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    LBGE and Mini
  • Mickey
    Options
    Springram said:
    Mickey,

Looks like a direct cook. About what temp and how long on the Mini? Did you use just lump?

Springram
    Spring, Texas

Yes always (even spatchcocked full turkey) direct. Cooked 375 and took about 40 min using a Mini Woo. This was just lump ( hunger and forgot wood) most of the time use cherry/pecan on bird.

• Springram
    Springram Posts: 430
    Options
    Thanks Mickey. Have the Mini, the Mini Woo and the cherry/pecan. All I need is to get someTurkey legs!

Got my my Mini at the last Salado EggFest. Like you, seems as if I use the Mini about 80% of the time since it is just the wife and I. I do have a rack of ribs on the LBGE now however.

Spingram
    Spring, Texas
    LBGE and Mini
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Tecate!

Great cook!