Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salmon and veggies

First time salmon on the egg and it couldn't have turned out better.

Coated in Raging River and let sit and soak in for about 20 minutes or so.

Coated the zucchini and asparagus lightly in oil and raging river.

Maple syrup and butter combined and warmed on the egg for a glaze.

Cook raised direct at 350ish for about 20 minutes or so.

Was very surprised at how good the raging river was as a first time user. Loved it. New go to salmon recipe for sure.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas

Comments

• tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Good looking meal. Question since I've never had.... How Hot is RR? If it's hot, won't fly with the rest of the family. 

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • tamu2009
    tamu2009 Posts: 387
    Not close to being hot. Look up the description on it on DP's website. Its really low on salt too so I packed it on thick.
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • MO_Eggin
    MO_Eggin Posts: 282
    That looks great.  I'm a big fan of RR on salmon; sometimes I'll twin it with jamaican firewalk or swamp venom for some heat.
    LBGE - St. Louis, MO; MM & LBGE - around 8100' somewhere in the CO Front Range
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Hullabaloo Canek Canek, that looks good !

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• tamu2009
    tamu2009 Posts: 387
    Thanks VI! What do you know about the Hullabaloo??
  • EddieK76
    EddieK76 Posts: 416
    Looks great I love Raging River on chicken too!
    Large BGE

• Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600

Looks Great! I am a newbie myself and have done this meal twice with great results. Almost as good as the chicken bombs!

PS The Salmon with RR is my wife's favorite and I have been grilling Salmon for her for years, hey when the wife is happy every body's happy! I did however EVOO the salmon before I applied the RR.

Great Cook tamu2009

Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • Great lookin meal.  Salmon on the egg is my favorite.  Just started doing the asparagus.  It tastes like candy off the egg.  Ragin River and just a pat of butter when it comes off.  Yummy.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014