Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Epic Deal Time!!!

Not sure if Job Lot is strictly a New England thing....but my local store has 22lb bags of Wicked Good Weekend Warrior lump for 10 bucks! I am sending my beloved wife back tomorrow for hundred bucks worth! NewEnglandEgger

Comments

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Wow. Great deal. Load up.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • jjmills
    jjmills Posts: 117
    I thought I just got a great deal @ $15.50 per 22lb bag.  Buy what you can
     LG. BGE  Straight up Cheese head from Little Chute, WI
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Dude you better clean that out and share. :x
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • GA_Dawgs
    GA_Dawgs Posts: 273
    I would buy everything they have and have them order me more on a rain check price!
  • bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760

Amazing deal. Never seen it that cheap in my area.

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    ACE charges $20 for those here. I'd pounce on that deal
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Man, your wife's back is going to hurt!!

That's an awesome deal, better price per pound than the $5 ozark oak that henapple put together. As many have said, pounce on that.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • So...I am into the 3rd bag of the Wicked Good Weekend Warrior, and I am starting to get suspicious. Typically, this brand is FULL of really big chunks (think tree limbs). So far with these bags, I am seeing a lot of golf ball sized pieces, and quite a lot of pulverized bits. Starting to wonder if the company cut a deal with the local discount chain in New England to offload some of their lower grade stuff. If so...very shady that it was done using the same brand name. I have 7 more bags. Will see if the trend continues.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    They could have simply been mishandled. People tossing the bags around and the lump breaking.

At that price...i would still buy every last bag they had.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    So...I am into the 3rd bag of the Wicked Good Weekend Warrior, and I am starting to get suspicious. Typically, this brand is FULL of really big chunks (think tree limbs). So far with these bags, I am seeing a lot of golf ball sized pieces, and quite a lot of pulverized bits. Starting to wonder if the company cut a deal with the local discount chain in New England to offload some of their lower grade stuff. If so...very shady that it was done using the same brand name. I have 7 more bags. Will see if the trend continues.
    I  leave this place for a few days and you come up with something even a Rhode Islandah should be able to figure out.

Listen now, this is going to be simple; JOB LOT sells seconds and close outs. It would be my guess WG didn't want to put any of the smaller pieces in the retail market they have carefully nurtured over the years.

So? Where would you go to sell the smaller pieces. JOB LOT. Remember, they sell seconds and close outs? At CHEAP prices.

And, just because they are smaller pieces doesn't mean they won't burn just the same. Hot and long.

You did get a good deal but it's not all bad. You get what you pay for, even in Rhode Island.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817

You Yankees are so kind to each other. Sorta brings a tear to my eye. 

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• HDmstng
    HDmstng Posts: 192
    edited May 2013
    I recently emailed WG about purchasing a pallet (hoping to get a group by together with some fellow Eggers in my area since Ace stopped selling) and they informed me there was an issue with their supplier and current batch, inconsistent sizing, small sizes and burn time.  Although the neutral smoke flavor remained.  Estimated it wouldn't be until mid-June that it would be resolved.

So...I am into the 3rd bag of the Wicked Good Weekend Warrior, and I am starting to get suspicious. Typically, this brand is FULL of really big chunks (think tree limbs). So far with these bags, I am seeing a lot of golf ball sized pieces, and quite a lot of pulverized bits. Starting to wonder if the company cut a deal with the local discount chain in New England to offload some of their lower grade stuff. If so...very shady that it was done using the same brand name. I have 7 more bags. Will see if the trend continues.

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    HDmstng said:
    I recently emailed WG about purchasing a pallet (hoping to get a group by together with some fellow Eggers in my area since Ace stopped selling) and they informed me there was an issue with their supplier and current batch, inconsistent sizing, small sizes and burn time.  Although the neutral smoke flavor remained.  Estimated it wouldn't be until mid-June that it would be resolved.

I've used Wicked Good for close to 12 years. And they would rather tell you they have a problem and, what the problem is rather than keep us in the dark. I complained on the forum a few years ago about the pieces being too big! WG responded in an email that they would be happy to come down and use my head to break up the big pieces. No more complaints from me. Those Mainers are too much to deal with.
  • Sundown....ya put a big smile in my face with your post. I think you are spot on...and I don't regret the hundred bucks I spent. Weather is really starting to get nice here in RI...about to go from 1-2 cooks a week to 8-10 a week :)
  • sporktaor
    sporktaor Posts: 16
    I'd rather have a bag of WG in smaller pieces then Royal Oak (commonly dust and fiberglass in my few experiences).  Ace needs to workout a deal again with WG before I just buy my own pallet. If anyone in Ohio wants to go in on some let me know.