Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Taco cups

Options
2»

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Essentially

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Damn... Get some room.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • milesbrown4
    milesbrown4 Posts: 314
    Options
    Best use for a muffin pan I've ever seen
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I personally don't recommend the taco cup. I played baseball with one and lets just say it didn't work so well! :-S
    Mark Annville, PA
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Options
    Very neat idea VI
    Large, small, and a mini
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Options
    You got your tortilla, your meat, and your cheese ......
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Can we have a PowerPoint presentation on how to eat these Gary?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    Public apology.  I was nailed by Focker that I was trying to take credit for the inverted tortilla and he had read that in a blog a week ago.  I had not recalled where I saw it, but wanted folks to try it if they thought it was interesting.  I don't think I implied that I originated the idea.

Focker has some kind of vendetta against me that he's enjoying spewing out his wrath.  I laugh at his attempts.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Options

Public apology.  I was nailed by Focker that I was trying to take credit for the inverted tortilla and he had read that in a blog a week ago.  I had not recalled where I saw it, but wanted folks to try it if they thought it was interesting.  I don't think I implied that I originated the idea.

Focker has some kind of vendetta against me that he's enjoying spewing out his wrath.  I laugh at his attempts.
    Yeah, I agree with focker. I'm tired of you taking credit for stuff like stir frying and burping your egg to prevent flashback and stuff. Oh, and you didn't invent the internet either.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    What I don't understand is you said you invented that pan thing with the little cups in it to make the taco cups. Would it be good for anything else if you turned it over?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Village Idiot
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Yeah, I agree with focker. I'm tired of you taking credit for stuff like stir frying and burping your egg to prevent flashback and stuff.
    You are so uninformed, Fred.  Since I was a member of THE Original Egghead Forum, I was instrumental in bringing stir fry over to the United States from Japan and China.  After teaching them how to cook, I transported my eggcellent techniques to the ORIGINAL Egghead forum.
     Oh, and you didn't invent the internet either.
    Let me get back to you on this after I talk to Al.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Village Idiot
    Options
    Mickey said:
    What I don't understand is you said you invented that pan thing with the little cups in it to make the taco cups. Would it be good for anything else if you turned it over?
    Wow.  Good question.  

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I didn't invent the hamburger (shock). Guess I can't post a hamburger recipe. Same with pizza or bread or meat cooked over fire. Guess I need to hang up my hat and call it quits cuz I don't think I've ever cooked something that somebody else has never done before.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Mross
    Mross Posts: 338
    Options
    Vi we have got to get together somewhere between tx and sc. Your post are amazing and the rest of these clowns do not appreciate your absolute mastery of the Egg. :)
    Duncan, SC
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    Mross said:
    Vi we have got to get together somewhere between tx and sc. Your post are amazing and the rest of these clowns do not appreciate your absolute mastery of the Egg. :)
    LOL.  With posts like that, I'll travel anywhere !!!  Thanks !!!!!

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options

Chubbs said:
    I don't care who invented the inverted shells, but @VI brought it to my attention and I appreciate that. I made them tonight and loved the hell out of them. Thank you @Village_Idiot!! Your contributions have made me a better cook and is greatly appreciated. These are filled with chorizo, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, avocado, cotija cheese, and cilantro from my garden that imagine this....... @Village_Idiot graciously gave me pointers on offline.
    You did the authors of some food blog proud!  Seriously...nice work!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Village Idiot
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    I don't care who invented the inverted shells, but @VI brought it to my attention and I appreciate that. 
    Wow, Chubbs.  You did better than I did.  Great goings !!!!  =D>

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I don't know about you losers, but right here and right now I am taking credit for inventing BOTH the paperclip AND the 3-point seatbelt.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Yeah, I agree with focker. I'm tired of you taking credit for stuff like stir frying and burping your egg to prevent flashback and stuff.
    You are so uninformed, Fred.  Since I was a member of THE Original Egghead Forum, I was instrumental in bringing stir fry over to the United States from Japan and China.  After teaching them how to cook, I transported my eggcellent techniques to the ORIGINAL Egghead forum.
     Oh, and you didn't invent the internet either.
    Let me get back to you on this after I talk to Al.

Mr. Idiot:

I may not be informed about heady issues like you bringing stir frying to the western world, but I have made a significant contribution to Midwestern American culture.  Maybe not as great as stir frying, but we all contribute where we can.  In the Midwest or "Rust Belt" our cars rust out and most particularly, the floor boards.  I pioneered the technique of driving without floor boards.  Here's a picture of me driving without floor boards that I submitted to the patent office.  It has been patented as "The Flintstone".

I showed my best friend Barney how to do "The Flintstone".

Here's some chick I don't know doing "The Flintstone".  I don't I think I got a royalty either.

Millions of Midwesterners who drive beaters owe me a big thank you.  If there was an Original Beater-Car Forum, I would be a rock star!  You just cook food in a funny pan. 

Flint, Michigan
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    You are such a phony, Fred.  I saw that on a blog two weeks ago and Focker took credit for it.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    I showed these to my wife, she loves them thanks again for sharing VI. I didn't know you invented the internet as well.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Mross
    Options
    In my best "just leave Brittany alone" voice just leave VI Alone! He is a god on this forum and you peons do not deserve to lick his boots! :)
    Duncan, SC
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    Mross said:
    In my best "just leave Brittany alone" voice just leave VI Alone! He is a god on this forum and you peons do not deserve to lick his boots! :)
    Thanks Mom !  Sorry I missed Mother's Day.   =))

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    You are such a phony, Fred.  I saw that on a blog two weeks ago and Focker took credit for it.
    Dammit!!  It's not called "The Focker"!!!  Sh!t!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    Dammit!!  It's not called "The Focker"!!!  Sh!t!

=))

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Mross
    Options
    VI I will email my address for the 1000.00 dollars.
    Duncan, SC
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    Options
    Village Idiot got me Wokking!!! Stop the nonsense... He's the man!!!