Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How far would you drive for lump?

2»

Comments

• meister5
    meister5 Posts: 20
    I have a 600 km round trip to get into the city to find Wicked Good. I don't make a special trip but make sure to stock up when I am there. This summer I am going to start to make my own using birch. We have cooked on birch charcoal for years. There are some good how to videos on you tube. I worked in Mozambique for a year and watched them make lots of it using the pit method but I think I will get good results using a barrel.
    Meadow Lake Sk. LBGE, Stoker, Adjustable rig.
  • Goose53
    Goose53 Posts: 11
    Picked up a bag of Stubbs Lump at Costco last night...$16.99 for a 34 lb bag. Will try this weekend as I've never come across Stubbs before.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I'm trying to work out being in Houston in June. If i have some Ozark I'll post when I get closer to coming that way.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    @Aviator: all things considered, I think B&B oak is pretty good. A bit sparky, and I usually find one small marble sized rock in each bag. But the pieces are on the bigger side, price is reasonable and it is a 5 min drive to get some.

@henapple: if you come to Houston in June, my charcoal problem will be solved. Let me know when you're coming.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    caliking - The ACE in The Woodlands has OO. It's more then henapple charges but that's were I get it.

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    @eggcelsior - it gives me a price of $27 for shipping to my part of MD, don't know why it would be so much more out your way.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    caliking said:

@Aviator: all things considered, I think B&B oak is pretty good. A bit sparky, and I usually find one small marble sized rock in each bag. But the pieces are on the bigger side, price is reasonable and it is a 5 min drive to get some.

@henapple: if you come to Houston in June, my charcoal problem will be solved. Let me know when you're coming.

I'm going to try. My schedule is flopping around like a pair of ninety year old breast.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    @RAC: thanks. I think I remember @Springram mentioning that a while ago too. Do you have the address for that Ace?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688

caliking - Here you go. I think you said you live around Pearland. I think I would call to make sure they have some before you make the trip.

10720 Kuykendahl Rd
    The Woodlands
    (832) 482-3063

Ricky

Boerne, TX