Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE vs PELLET GRILL

Options
2»

Comments

• SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Options
    Fred, the summers here are HOT, so yeah, being outdoors in the winter months is what this place is all about!
  • mo egg
    mo egg Posts: 143
    Options
    Traegers are made in china and the advantage is made in the usa. im not puting down bge i have a med bge but i think everyone should have a couple grills and all i know is im very happy with my pellet grill its just nice to go out and turn it on and set temp and not have to worry about temp swings this thing holds temp better then my oven in the house you shouldnt put a pellet grill down until you try one everyone is talking about traeger but there are a lot better pellet grills out there i found out about pellet grills at this site and thats how i made my choice on the advantage http://pelletheads.com/index.php?topic=3685.0
  • Firemedic183
    Firemedic183 Posts: 197
    Options
    mo egg said:
    Traegers are made in china and the advantage is made in the usa. im not puting down bge i have a med bge but i think everyone should have a couple grills and all i know is im very happy with my pellet grill its just nice to go out and turn it on and set temp and not have to worry about temp swings this thing holds temp better then my oven in the house you shouldnt put a pellet grill down until you try one everyone is talking about traeger but there are a lot better pellet grills out there i found out about pellet grills at this site and thats how i made my choice on the advantage http://pelletheads.com/index.php?topic=3685.0

I'm not putting down pellet grills as I have zero experience with them, but as far as setting a temp and forgetting it, my Digiq DX 2 does an outstanding job on regulating the temp for both the grid temp and the meat temp on the egg. No regrets at all!!
    Persistence and determination are omnipotent!
  • damnedhooligan
    Options
    Why can't we compromise? I will leave this here :)) The World's First Pellet Kamado Grill
    I went to a BBQ vendor cook-off and saw this thing and tasted a sample of chicken. It was good but the BGE makes great chicken so there is no compromise.

Never been a fan of fuel that resembles rabbit pellets. Garbage in, garbage out :P But everyone has a choice and can't knock them for making delicious food on different grills.

XL BGE with adj rig & woo2

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    After having the egg for a while I don't feel the need for multiple grills. It's a money and space decision. The egg will do everything that my grill, gasser and side box would do and it's more enjoyable. I don't look down on anyone's choices. I still have my gasser but have contemplated selling it.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    henapple said:

After having the egg for a while I don't feel the need for multiple grills. It's a money and space decision. The egg will do everything that my grill, gasser and side box would do and it's more enjoyable. I don't look down on anyone's choices. I still have my gasser but have contemplated selling it.

If I scratch the itch, I would get a big smoker for commercial use. It all depends on the type of itch, though.
  • henapple
    Options
    I just never feed so many people that I need more than the egg. I don't like that many people.
  • sticks88
    sticks88 Posts: 94
    Options
    I have had a pellet bbq for the last 4 years.Ihaven't been able to put my XL BGE together yet but I will tell pretty quick which is better,but I'm already convinced the BGE will be.

XL BGE and Pellet smoker

• KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806
    Options
    henapple said:
    Just sold mine a couple weeks ago.  Got my Egg last July and realized my gasser literally hadn't been fired up even once since and was doing nothing but taking up space on the patio. 

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• henapple
    Options
    I've had my gasser for 16 years now. It's still in great shape. I totally reworked it, painted the cast iron and it looks new. When I went in to get a burner they had the egg on sale. I took a few days to think about it and haven't looked back.
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    Memphis pellet grills are really nice. I'll stick with my egg, but they are high quality.
    Mark Annville, PA