Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Squirrel Repellent Idea

Options
Dyal_SC
Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
My wife and I are trying to turn our thumbs green this year. We have all sorts of goodies that are growing great so far. My wife was really excited the other day when our first strawberry turned from green to red. Well yesterday I went back there and either squirrels or a rabbit tore into our strawberries. :( Having the day off today, I decided to play Mr. Martha Stewart.

First, I sprinkled some peppermint oil granules around the perimeter of the garden and then came up with this. Hot glued a bamboo skewer on the bottom of a glad ware cup. Used a hole punch and punched holes all around under the lip of the container. Then filled them with moth balls, placed the lid on and placed them periodically around the garden. The lid acts as a rain barrier so no water gets in. Squirrels don't like the smell of moth balls nor peppermint. I saw something similar on YouTube, but I used glad ware cups instead. We will see if it keeps them out.

Comments