Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Why no Eggfest in Birmingham?

2»

Comments

• dlt
    dlt Posts: 14
    In Morris, AL and would attend a Fest anywhere close-even Murfreesboro-Grandson just got football scholarship offer from MTSU so would like to check out the city and campus-
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    You could always just swing by the house...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Eggfests don't just spring up on their own.  Unless you have a dealer who understands Eggers and is really enthusiastic, it's going to take an Egger to get things started.  I've tried several times here in Raleigh to get my dealer interested, but the owner doesn't think it's worth the effort and cost.   He's more interested in selling way over priced outdoor furniture.  Oh well....

The Naked Whiz
  • dlt

Hanapple-yes, I could and you could break out a cold one and a butt from the EGG...just sayin'....ha-ha..............I don't know a dealer that would be willing to host a Fest as I am out in rural AL-just a little North of Birmingham.....................and I'm sure it takes a lot of time and effort to put one on.....

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665

Eggfests don't just spring up on their own.  Unless you have a dealer who understands Eggers and is really enthusiastic, it's going to take an Egger to get things started.  I've tried several times here in Raleigh to get my dealer interested, but the owner doesn't think it's worth the effort and cost.   He's more interested in selling way over priced outdoor furniture.  Oh well....

Yea, currently we are just looking at a big cook out and trying being our own eggs or something. Thanks for the info!

XLBGE 
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    @dlt. Your just down the road. I'm in Cullman.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• dlt
    shtgunal3-yes-not far at all! I like Cullman-lots of growth there since the storm 2 years ago-
  • henapple
    Someone in the area just has to nut up and organize it. If i didn't travel all the time I would. Set a place and time and roll with it. A state park might be good as long as they have cabins to rent or a lodge. Plan well in advance so we can plan accordingly. I'm definitely interested.
  • dlt
    Lots of facilities at Lake Guntersville................
  • henapple
    dlt said:

Lots of facilities at Lake Guntersville................

Then I'll contact my fishing guide...

• leechrg
    leechrg Posts: 27
    I would join in for sure. Sounds awesome
  • dlt

Henapple-And bring your boat? And the EGG and a KEGG? If yes, I'm all in! (2 out of 3 ain't bad, either)

• IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    I think they are trying to perfect some of the state-wide food/recipes that is most eaten in Alabama on the egg before an event like this. Trying to figure out how to best cook road kill in the egg can take time. Be patient.
  • rlew
    rlew Posts: 68
    shtgunal3 said:
    We pretty good at killing the Irish too! Roll Tide! :))
    That's a good one. War Eagle
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    IrishDevl said:

I think they are trying to perfect some of the state-wide food/recipes that is most eaten in Alabama on the egg before an event like this. Trying to figure out how to best cook road kill in the egg can take time. Be patient.

Everything's gotta be better on the egg!

XLBGE 
  • dlt
    Cook off in Ross Bridge on June 8
  • Hic
    Hic Posts: 350
    Have you guys not seen this,  Easter Seals of Birmingham's 1st Annual Egg Fest

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.