Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Not Another Fajita Post!

Well yes it is.  Figured I would throw my 2 pics in the mix as well.  Fixed for 6 adults and 5 kids.  Turned out well (minus the rain)!

Anderson, SC
XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

Comments

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Looks good! I'll gladly take one of those skillets =P~
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Very cool!  I've been thinking about getting some of those fajita pans.  They make for great presentation and it seems like the pans could come in handy.   Did you fit 4 on the egg?  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Sure looks good from here.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    @solson005  @smokeypittThe fajitas skillets definitely did not add to the flavor but make for a great presentation.

@smokeypitt I was afraid someone would ask.  Due to the rain and me not having a vent cap for my DW I had to do them inside.  I was very disappointed because cast iron and egged fajitas was what I was hoping for.  I have an XL and I feel confident they would fit.  I would actually put them in the oven while I egged the meat and veggies and then pull them out to plate everything.

Anderson, SC

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Looks great! Nothing like fajita skillets waiting in anticipation.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • r270ba
    Just for reference I put them in the oven on 425 degrees for around 45 mins.  When the meat and veggies were done, I pulled them out and set them on their wooden trays and plated the meat and veggies (then took the pics).  I didn't quite get the 'sizzle' I was hoping for but I think there is some sort of liquid you are supposed to use.  Water didn't do the trick.
    Anderson, SC

• SmokeyPitt
    edited May 2013
    r270ba said:
    @solson005  @smokeypittThe fajitas skillets definitely did not add to the flavor but make for a great presentation.

@smokeypitt I was afraid someone would ask.  Due to the rain and me not having a vent cap for my DW I had to do them inside.  I was very disappointed because cast iron and egged fajitas was what I was hoping for.  I have an XL and I feel confident they would fit.  I would actually put them in the oven while I egged the meat and veggies and then pull them out to plate everything.

That's completely understandable :).  It was a nasty weekend here in GA as well.  The sun actually peeked out for a little while on Sunday, but rain came back around 6.  I also did fajitas...but didn't grab any pics of the food.  It started raining like crazy but fortunately I had my big green umbrella. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• r270ba
    That is awesome! Where are you in GA?
    Anderson, SC

• SmokeyPitt
    edited May 2013
    r270ba said:
    That is awesome! Where are you in GA?
    It actually worked out well...but if there had been any wind it would have ended up in my neighbors yard :P.  It's just leaning up against the corner of the house.

I am in Woodstock, GA. 

• r270ba
    Cool. In laws are in Alphretta.
    Anderson, SC