Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

HELP!!!!!

Options
bigphil
bigphil Posts: 1,390
pickup some baby backs from Costco and trying to pull the membrane off and having no success is it possible there isn't one . i did spares and it pulled no problem . Advice please 
Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Costco has been know for selling no membrane pork ribs, that way you get more meat for the same $/lb..
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited May 2013
    Options

Take a teaspoon and work the tip of the handle along a bone in the middle of the rack. Do it from both sides of the same bone. Work your index finger in the pocket you wave created. When your finger gets through, close your thumb around it and pull straight up. The whole membrane should come right off.

It is possible it is already off. Can you take a pic?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    Options
    I use a paper towel in my hand to get a better grip on the membrane. It might come off in more than one piece.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • EddieK76
    EddieK76 Posts: 416
    Options
    I'm gonna agree with @Richard_Fl with the costco statement.  I've bought them before and they were pulled off.
    Large BGE

• scooter759
    scooter759 Posts: 257
    Options
    Run a sharp knife down the center of one of the bones on the bottom (back) side of the ribs. If there is a membrane you will see it. I also have had baby backs from Costco with the membrane already pulled.
    Extra Large, 2 Large, Medium, Mini Max, Weber Summit gasser, Weber Q. Mankato, MN
  • RV10Flyer
    RV10Flyer Posts: 140
    Options
    I just put three racks, from Costco, on the BGE about 10 minutes ago.  I could not find any membrane to remove either. 

North Texas

XL and Small BGE

• TFols
    TFols Posts: 241
    Options
    I cook these ribs all the time, never has the membrane (baby backs). I don't know about their spares.
    Bloomfield, NJ