Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cook's Illustrated Summer Grilling Issue Rates Large BGE Below Weber Smokey Mountain!

Options
2»

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options

I have owned and used both products and i have to agree the WSM turned out some very good BBQ most of the time, but does not compare with BGE results of EVERYTIME!  Any advertisment base magizine is slanted or bias to their major advertisers, don't get excited....

I agree with you Mr. Tuna. But it is important to remember that Cooks Illustrated accepts no advertising so your last point does not apply in this situation.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Options
    Can you make a pizza on a Weber Smokey Mountain?
    Yes, but with the water bath, they get soggy.
    :-&
    Flint, Michigan
  • FearlessTheEggNoob
    Options
    Can you make a pizza on a Weber Smokey Mountain?
    Yes, but with the water bath, they get soggy.
    :-&
    Then i made the right choice!
    Gittin' there...
  • rustypotts
    rustypotts Posts: 265
    Options
    I've had 6 Webers(including a WSM).  I actually got to the point that I could cook pretty well on them.  I rigged all sorts of things to smoke, grill, etc. I would go for a couple of years and finally the Weber would be toast and I would go replace it for  shiny new one.  $ for $ I think the standard Weber kettle grill is the best cooking grill out there for someone with limited funds.  But to say that a Weber is even in the same league as an EGG is NUKKIN FUTZ!  the idea that a Weber is better than an Egg because it will hold more is like saying a Chevy Wagon is a superior car to a Porche 911 because the Chevy has more capacity.  I had to really work to get results from the weber.  Results were virtually instantaneous with the EGG.  If I was cooking on the weber I had better not get distracted.  The Egg is much more forgiving with FAR>>>>FAR>>>(let me repeat that)FAR better results.  Gee...Why am I telling you guys all of this?
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    When you are a famous cheapskate the price component is disproportionately weighed in the analysis of the products. The more expensive cooker, BGE, would need to be ten times better in his eyes to end up tied in this analysis.
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Options
    If Weber would make something 'Egg-like', that can hold the volume of lump along with an AR and a stone FOR THE PRICE that might be a nice upgrade.
  • canadianeh
    canadianeh Posts: 32
    Options
    Had the wsm. Awesome in its own way. Better or not, I would say both special in unique ways. Love my eggs, miss my wsm.