Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Bombs on the Mini

R2Egg2Q
R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
After seeing some great posts on Chicken Bombs it was time to give them a try. I started with the recipe from that Dishing With Leslie blog which included boneless, skinless, chicken breasts which I normally avoid as I prefer thighs.

The Mrs & I can't handle very spicy foods so we opted for green chilies but then grated some hot pepper cheese (made with jalapenos) to mix with the cream cheese. We also wrapped with just one piece of bacon per bomb:

Got the Mini set up for an indirect cook using just a drip pan and stabilized around 350 dome and cooked following the recipe. Sauced with Bart 's Blazin Q sauce:
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

They took about 45 mins to get into the 160s IT:

Pulled & sliced:

They came out tasty but I still find myself thinking they'd be even better using thighs. :)

Thanks for looking!
XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA

Comments