Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It's a Boy!!.......

Chubbs
Chubbs Posts: 6,929
Ain't he cute? Great weekend ahead of me....
Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Beautiful !  Does he have all his fingers and toes?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 354
    Never figured out how to tell the sex buddy :(
  • Chubbs
    Yep, he is healthy. Came with a cute little ceramic hat and somehow can already sit up on a 3 legged stand. When I got him home I noticed the little booger had a box of fire starters in his cavity. I think we are going to have a long night bonding - hell I may even watch a series of movies with him called "mini moments"
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    Awesome Chubbs, just awesome!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    So glad villiage idiot changed his picture. An why does little Steve only 259 post and no pic

XLBGE 
  • MrCookingNurse
    And also CONGRATS!!!! Your gonna love it!!

XLBGE 
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    They are so cute at the stage....Hamburgers, juicy Lucien's, small meatloaf.......loads of possibilities
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Chubbs is quite the proud papa!  Congrats man!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    Chubbs, I'm jealous! Enjoy it bro!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Looks good I dig the new handles
    Seattle, WA
  • Randy1
    Randy1 Posts: 379
    I know you have waiting for this day for a while. Enjoy!
    Maumelle, Arkansas
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Hate to tell you all. SWMBOd says its a girl. There's a draft door, not ash chute.
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited May 2013
    You might have a Mini but VI has blackballed you from the club. Let me work on it. I think you are Mini material. Will try and catch VI sober early before he gets his drink on. I will get you in! Your Mini will not be a bastard.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Makes me wonder how I got in the club.  I am in the club, right?  Mr. Mickey, sir?  Mr. Idiot?
    Flint, Michigan
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Makes me wonder how I got in the club.  I am in the club, right?  Mr. Mickey, sir?  Mr. Idiot?
    Well, I have heard people say they want to club you, so I guess the answer is "yes".

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Are you mailing us our cigars? Congratulations man, I know your proud.
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Cute kid! If you feed him well maybe he'll turn into an XL someday. Enjoy these days when he's small, they'll fly by!
    Dunedin, FL
  • MrCookingNurse
    I woke up this morning green with envy!

XLBGE 
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    I am still waiting for the cigar. He is cute now just wait until he is a teenager!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Chubbs
    Thanks guys. Got to do some yardwork this AM before the rain then going to fire him in up. Probably throw a few filets on for first cook tonight. Doubt this gasket will last long. Hanging over the lip on the top a good bit. Oh well.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    So glad villiage idiot changed his picture. An why does little Steve only 259 post and no pic
    Wanna see a magic trick?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Springram
    Springram Posts: 430
    @Chubbs - looks great! I love mine. Does yours have the high-temp gasket? I got mine at the Saladofest and it does not. No issues with it yet and used it 2-3 times a week since I got it.

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    LBGE and Mini
  • 2SCdoodlegg
    2SCdoodlegg Posts: 92
    I bought a mini today, too, to go with our large.  We got it in Shallotte, NC.  We had to order it, and it will be in by next weekend.  We are looking forward to using the forum for tips and advice on using the mini!
    1large BGE and 1 well used mini BGE living in coastal South and North Carolina!
  • Chubbs
    Springram said:

@Chubbs - looks great! I love mine. Does yours have the high-temp gasket? I got mine at the Saladofest and it does not. No issues with it yet and used it 2-3 times a week since I got it.

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    Yep. New gasket, new fire ring. She has been running for 5 hours today. Throwing on some beef in a few
  • Chubbs

I bought a mini today, too, to go with our large.  We got it in Shallotte, NC.  We had to order it, and it will be in by next weekend.  We are looking forward to using the forum for tips and advice on using the mini!

You are going to love it.
  • EddieK76
    EddieK76 Posts: 416
    Congrats on the new addition?   Where are the birth announcements?
    Large BGE

• Chubbs
    EddieK76 said:

Congrats on the new addition?   Where are the birth announcements?

They will be posted this evening if I am not too drunk to upload photos after the amount of bulldogs my wife is force feeding me.
  • TwoCooks
    TwoCooks Posts: 35
    Been spending the day in our first 'Butt Cook' so I have been in the Forum reading a lot.  Chubbs, it appears you have quite a following and I enjoyed the read of this post. You all are crazy and I know there were a  lot of inside jokes here.  Just wanted to congratulate you on new addition to the family and, since we have not been here long, ask how many does this make?  From the looks of your following I would guess just about anyone who has posted here could answer that Q.
  • Chubbs
    TwoCooks said:
    Been spending the day in our first 'Butt Cook' so I have been in the Forum reading a lot.  Chubbs, it appears you have quite a following and I enjoyed the read of this post. You all are crazy and I know there were a  lot of inside jokes here.  Just wanted to congratulate you on new addition to the family and, since we have not been here long, ask how many does this make?  From the looks of your following I would guess just about anyone who has posted here could answer that Q.
    Not sure about the following, but thanks for the response. This just makes a Large and a mini for me. I think it is the perfect combination. 

I tried to post my weekend cooks last night and it gave me the approval crap. I will retry again tonight.