Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

question

Options
What is the "TROLL" feature for on your profile? I just saw mine and noticed there are "25" under "TROLL"..
XL bge, Mini max & 36 BS Griddle.

Comments

• daffy1909
    daffy1909 Posts: 498
    edited May 2013
    Options
    i always wondered the same thing!!! ;))  mine has 0
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    It is how many many times you have commented on a thread and called a poster a troll.

If you accidentally hit any of the buttons, you can click it again to remove it. Sometimes I hit them on accident
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Actually...I think it is the number of times someone has flagged one of your posts as "troll".  It looks like chrisnjenn has flagged you as a troll 25 times.  

Don't sweat it...a few people think it is funny to abuse/misuse the flags; or perhaps this was an accident (25 times). 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Looks like for some reason chrisnjenn has taken a dislike to you for whatever reason. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Doesn't seem like those rankings really mean anything other than somebody took the time to start flagging you. My troll count is at 143 and a bunch of those are from people who ended up getting banned from this forum. Some people have too much time on their hands.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Mama Roneck
    Mama Roneck Posts: 386
    Options
    That's exactly what a troll would say ;)
    Mamaroneck
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    I must be doing something wrong nobody has trolled me...

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    I must be doing something wrong nobody has trolled me...
    There ya go!  All in good fun!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Griffin said:
    Looks like for some reason chrisnjenn has taken a dislike to you for whatever reason. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Doesn't seem like those rankings really mean anything other than somebody took the time to start flagging you. My troll count is at 143 and a bunch of those are from people who ended up getting banned from this forum. Some people have too much time on their hands.
    I have a bunch but they're all from somebody called Cen-Tex Smoker. Anybody ever hear of this guy?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• EggHeadinFlorida
    Options
    Well screw chrisnjenn LOL... Someone does have to much time on their hands... especially to "troll" someone 25 times in a matter of a few minutes.. Is there any way to block members so they cant see what you post?
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

@JRWhitee we can add to that one you have if you want. :D

@EggHeadinFlorida - unfortunately I don't think you can.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Well screw chrisnjenn LOL... Someone does have to much time on their hands... especially to "troll" someone 25 times in a matter of a few minutes.. Is there any way to block members so they cant see what you post?
    I don't think so.  You have to ignore them the old fashioned way :)

In my humble opinion,they should eliminate the flags (troll, spam, abuse) all together.  This site doesn't have any moderation.  In other sites you "report" and then a mod reviews it and decides if it is really a troll/spam and removes the offending post.  Here...people can just throw flags willy nilly and nothing is done anyway so whats the point! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Little Steven
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Wow! Trevor took a whole minute to get you there. No wait a second he got you before you posted. C'mon Trev Griffin has more than I do

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• EggHeadinFlorida
    Options
    I hear ya... People come here for info, to give info and to read reviews on different accessories. Out of all the "trolled" I got from him, I didn't see one comment that was out of the ordinary.. Oh well.. You can take the couple out of the trailer park, but you cant take the trailer park out of the couple..
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Surprisingly he is well educated, but not well adjusted

Steve 

Caledon, ON