Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Add me to the chicken bombers!

After seeing all the posts last week about chicken bombs, I knew I had to try some.. All I could think about was that commercial where the guy is hanging all over the passenger next to him on the plane going "cluster bomb, cluster bomb, CLUS-TERRR BOOOOMMMB".

Headed to Winn Dixie for the supplies.. I struggled to find boneless, skinless chicken thighs at first, but then found a tiny selection of them.. I was worried about what BBQ sauce to use with them b/c Sticky Fingers wasn't showing Winn Dixie as carrying their sauce.. But what do ya know, I found some of it too!

Well, let's get to the rest of the pics.. Cooked them at 400 raised direct with some bacon-wrapped asparagus as a side.  The jalapenos could have been a little more cooked as they were still a little crunchy, but I didn't mind.  I even made some without jalapenos in them for the wifey..

LBGE
MS Gulf Coast - Proud member of the Who Dat Nation!
My Not Frequently Updated Basically Dead Blog: http://datcue.wordpress.com

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Ok, now is the time to say wow.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Looks awesome! These are creeping the way to the top of the egg to-do list!  =P~
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Its been raining chicken bombs up in here! Yours look great.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • bccomstock
    bccomstock Posts: 338
    Thanks y'all! By the way, the filling I used was softened cream cheese mixed with shredded colby jack cheese.. I should have sprinkled some rub in there as well, but I'll do that next time.
    LBGE
  • NecessaryIndulg
    NecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,298
    edited April 2013
    They look great!  :D

We struggled with the same problem... the jalapenos don't cook enough for me when they are wrapped-up in the chicken.  Next time, I'll chop the jalapenos, quickly saute, and then mix into the cream cheese/cheese mixture.  That way I can have a little jalapeno in every bite. 
    (Although, they do look way cooler this way.)
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Don't pull the thang out Unless you plan to bang

Looks great!  They had sticky fingers BOGO at publix so I grabbed a couple.  Looking for an excuse to use it! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Springram
    Springram Posts: 430
    They look great!  :D

We struggled with the same problem... the jalapenos don't cook enough for me when they are wrapped-up in the chicken.  Next time, I'll chop the jalapenos, quickly saute, and then mix into the cream cheese/cheese mixture.  That way I can have a little jalapeno in every bite. 
    (Although, they do look way cooler this way.)
    That's why you get paid the big bucks! Great idea. Thanks.

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    LBGE and Mini
  • bccomstock
    bccomstock Posts: 338
    I thought about using sliced or diced jarred jalapenos and mixing them in the filling for the next time.. They're not as crisp and still have the flavor.
    LBGE