Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Simple Tuna Steaks

Dyal_SC
Dyal_SC Posts: 6,023

Nothing fancy tonight, and these were not sushi-grade....so decided to cook them to about medium.  Still turned out pretty dang good.  ;)  Gave them a marinade of Lemon Juice, EVOO, fresh Garlic, dried Thyme, dried Basil, dried Oregano, Sea Salt and Cracked Pepper. 

I only had a little bit of coals left, so I used the spider to lower the grate tonight...

Served up with my wife's Fettuccini Alfredo....I swear, she makes the best Fettuccini Alfredo known to mankind....  :D

Like I said, this wasn't Sushi-grade Tuna, so I didn't feel comfortable giving it a quick sear.  I prefer my Tuna more rare, but the cheaper stuff still tastes great even when cooked to a more medium temperature.  ;)

The marinade was terrific.  Nice, lemony and fresh tasting.  Definitely a repeater!

Comments