Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza

After having so many leftover meat from our pulled pork I thought I'd take a stab at something different for our family at least and that's BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza.  We love pizza, we love bbq sauce, pulled pork and cheddar cheese so what's not to like, right?  Well, I've always had issues of pizzas being away from the traditional thought and that could very well be the native Chicagoan in me where I think it should be sauce, mozz cheese and meat.   While the taste was good it's just something I can't get out of my crazy head for food association.

Here are some pics
My BBQ sauce is homemade and we slathered the dough with it

Added the bacon and pulled pork on top

Put some shredded cheddar cheese on top

Put on the Egg at about 575..I had actually choked the fire down a bit as it was about 650 but I can never get the cheese melting and the bottom being right when I do that.

Crust is looking gorgeous

Finished product

Like I said it might be something I make again but my crazy OCD can't get past of what a pizza is in my head :)

Large BGE

Comments